development thread

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

inventory paperdoll added. I think the inventory is complete, even if I still need to define the various helmets. I also plan to filter the items to show only the ones your active character can use.
I wanted also to try sorting them by power but that's beyond my skills :oops: (I've tried but failed)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

With all the different weapon types of weapons and armor, is there a reason to use one type over another?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Like in the first game you can take advantage of enemy weaknesses against a specific damage type, but it's not really required (maybe except at higher difficulty levels).
I could also manage to implement Troyen's suggestion so that damage type has also a specific side effect, like explosive can do splash damage and so on, but need to see how it will work in game first.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I meant different types of weapons like pistols, SMGs, rifles, etc. Do firing modes differ in ways other than damage and bullet consumption?

In the older threads, the more powerful weapon and armor classes have a have Equipment Capacity EC cost, which meant less room for other equipment like medkits. I assume this wouldn't apply anymore, since this was when the new RPG framework was in the works.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah that. Hmm well, yes since using the old framework means the inventory is shared, and not specific of each character. I could probably tinker with it, but not sure how difficult it would be.
But on the other hand I'm also doing the gameplay different so maybe it's not needed. Beside damage and firing there's also of course time/delay and accuracy. A sniper rifle is slow but has very high chances of doing a critical (double damage or more, have yet to decide), while an SMG is very rapid fire but has like 1% to score a critical for each bullet. That should be a bit interesting already I think :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

things are getting serious! :lol:
That is the icon for the "burst" attack type. I think it describes well the action :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

fixed the GUI for the loyal/rival system in PS2 :) We were trying to use a new system, instead of the usual relationship bar, each character could either have a loyal or rival relationship with you based on your choices (like in first game, some characters like aliens, other hate them, etc).
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

So going the DA2 romance route. That wasn't well received even though I liked it. Maybe that had more to do with the characters though than the rival/loyal aspect.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes, at the times of planning PS2, DA2 was out since not long so probably influenced me on this. Ugh that shows how much time has passed since I started this game! :oops:
Anyway using the same old relationship bar would have been OK, but I want to try something new :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

finished testing the round of intros (there were lot of combos depending on previous romance/alliance). Now starting to do the first batch of quests. As you can see King Oscar is still a bastard even in the sequel :lol: