Desktop Mobile Forums Blog Support Patreon

Vampires discussions!

Forum for the upcoming Loren Amazon Princess sequel
Kharlene
Young scout
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Vampires discussions!

Postby Kharlene » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:10 am

DarkWolf wrote:
saruri wrote:
jack1974 wrote:Zeal true motivations maybe will be revealed in the sequel but in practice the two vampires aren't so innocent as they seem. They were holding the amazons hostages, etc. They become friendly only after you kill Mother Morte, but you shouldn't really trust them :)


I see, my thoughts on the reason the vampires captured the Amazons were because the Amazons intruded their castle first, so I don't feel any wrong for the vampires' action.
But if you say so......Still, it's really such a pity that the vampires died, especially the lord; he's so handsome, > <~


My thoughts exactly, with exception that I would say especially the female vampire since she is so beautiful. This was the hardest choice to make in game as I really wanted to make that deal with Zeal as I liked him and agreed with him on meters of "Why shouldn't demons walk the earth?" I don't see why should all Demons have to be evil and find it to be quite racist but I really didn't want to kill those vampires as I liked them too.


Maybe it's because I played far too much Vampire the Masquerade back in the day, so when I was dealing the vampires, regardless of what Zeal wanted, I killed the vampires regardless (hell, even before meeting Zeal at times, too). Whether the vampires captured the Amazon scouts for sneaking into their castle or not, what do think the vampires are going to do with them? Eventually let them go on probation, give them a scolding, merely keep them locked up for a time? No, you're dealing with an undead parasitic entity of the night, whether the Amazons trespassed into the vampires' domain or not--their being captured results the same way (at least in my mind), that being they are now a caged meal, each one of them. Maybe one or two will be "lucky enough" to be bound and enslaved under their power. If you're believing they're all nice and kindly simply because of their looks or their acting amicable for the moment, then succeeded in deceiving you. How do you expect vampires--creatures who rely on blending into human society, drawing humans into their domain on infiltrating into human facets to act? Rude? Mean? Spiteful? No, smart vampires know they'll get much further--and that it's far more easier to manipulate humans to be willing to do what the vampire wants with a friendly arm around the shoulder, a pleasant smile, and polite conversation and discourse. They want their victims to not see them as a threat, they don't want them to see the danger they pose, it makes everything so much easier for them.

Again, sure, it maybe my views on vampires are colored by my past in playing a lot of Vampire the Masquerade (an RPG where there is no such thing as a good guy and it's bad guys vs badder guys) back in the day. But even so, regardless of how amicable or sweet a vampire may act or present themselves, in the end, no matter what when dealing with a vampire you're dealing with a parasitic monster of the night that'll slaughter any man, woman, or child if it ensures their own survival and fulfills their own ends.

User avatar
DarkWolf
Woods ranger
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Loren 2 romances

Postby DarkWolf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:19 am

Kharlene wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:
saruri wrote:
I see, my thoughts on the reason the vampires captured the Amazons were because the Amazons intruded their castle first, so I don't feel any wrong for the vampires' action.
But if you say so......Still, it's really such a pity that the vampires died, especially the lord; he's so handsome, > <~


My thoughts exactly, with exception that I would say especially the female vampire since she is so beautiful. This was the hardest choice to make in game as I really wanted to make that deal with Zeal as I liked him and agreed with him on meters of "Why shouldn't demons walk the earth?" I don't see why should all Demons have to be evil and find it to be quite racist but I really didn't want to kill those vampires as I liked them too.


Maybe it's because I played far too much Vampire the Masquerade back in the day, so when I was dealing the vampires, regardless of what Zeal wanted, I killed the vampires regardless (hell, even before meeting Zeal at times, too). Whether the vampires captured the Amazon scouts for sneaking into their castle or not, what do think the vampires are going to do with them? Eventually let them go on probation, give them a scolding, merely keep them locked up for a time? No, you're dealing with an undead parasitic entity of the night, whether the Amazons trespassed into the vampires' domain or not--their being captured results the same way (at least in my mind), that being they are now a caged meal, each one of them. Maybe one or two will be "lucky enough" to be bound and enslaved under their power. If you're believing they're all nice and kindly simply because of their looks or their acting amicable for the moment, then succeeded in deceiving you. How do you expect vampires--creatures who rely on blending into human society, drawing humans into their domain on infiltrating into human facets to act? Rude? Mean? Spiteful? No, smart vampires know they'll get much further--and that it's far more easier to manipulate humans to be willing to do what the vampire wants with a friendly arm around the shoulder, a pleasant smile, and polite conversation and discourse. They want their victims to not see them as a threat, they don't want them to see the danger they pose, it makes everything so much easier for them.

Again, sure, it maybe my views on vampires are colored by my past in playing a lot of Vampire the Masquerade (an RPG where there is no such thing as a good guy and it's bad guys vs badder guys) back in the day. But even so, regardless of how amicable or sweet a vampire may act or present themselves, in the end, no matter what when dealing with a vampire you're dealing with a parasitic monster of the night that'll slaughter any man, woman, or child if it ensures their own survival and fulfills their own ends.


I would definitely say that that is just your view on vampires, I don't believe that any race is bad just because of what they are and that in any race there are both good and bad ones and find it that saying otherwise is racism, offcourse this racism isn't as bad as racism against races that actually exists but it is racism all the same.

User avatar
Franka
Elder Druid
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Loren 2 romances

Postby Franka » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:23 pm

Since vampires aren't real (as far as we know), their origins can be many different things, depending on the writer. If vampirism is a curse or a disease that turns an otherwise civilized person into a soulless fiend that kills former family and friends, then clearly society would root them out.

But even if vampires are an entirely different species, then they're clearly above humans on the food chain, and would thus also be rooted out, for our own protection.

I don't think any society would tolerate their clear and open existence anywhere near their lands.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 12513
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Loren 2 romances

Postby jack1974 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:44 pm

True, those are very good points :)
Regarding the N'Mar ones they were created from bites. I wanted to make one day a game about the "origins" of Valery/Zachary. Maybe, one day (no, I'm not starting a new game!! :lol:)

User avatar
BobTheMob
Druid
Posts: 309
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Loren 2 romances

Postby BobTheMob » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:48 pm

jack1974 wrote:Regarding the N'Mar ones they were created from bites. I wanted to make one day a game about the "origins" of Valery/Zachary. Maybe, one day (no, I'm not starting a new game!! :lol:)


A flashback explaining, then? :)

(I know, I've said about that kinda thing before... But I'm a very Curious type by Nature!)


Also, unrelated subject: what does CG stand for? I see that all over the forums.
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters

User avatar
DarkWolf
Woods ranger
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Loren 2 romances

Postby DarkWolf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:18 pm

Franka wrote:Since vampires aren't real (as far as we know), their origins can be many different things, depending on the writer. If vampirism is a curse or a disease that turns an otherwise civilized person into a soulless fiend that kills former family and friends, then clearly society would root them out.

But even if vampires are an entirely different species, then they're clearly above humans on the food chain, and would thus also be rooted out, for our own protection.

I don't think any society would tolerate their clear and open existence anywhere near their lands.


Does being on the food chain above humans makes them bad? Sure humans probably wouldn't like them very much but if you can look at things from more objective prospective it hardly matters what one race subjectively thinks about other. As I see it if humans tried to root out vampires just because vampires are superior to them and humans fear them then humans are bad ones.

Sure since it is a fiction writer can even write a story about a war in witch one nation is completely good and other is completely evil but that story wouldn't be very realistic and I would say also isn't very well thought.

User avatar
Pace675
Druid
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Loren 2 romances

Postby Pace675 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:58 pm

jack1974 wrote:(no, I'm not starting a new game!! :lol:)


You say that now jokingly, but alas the wheels of your mind are already making a storyboard against your will since people are now showing interest in this. Also will this game have yuri content in it? XD

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 12513
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Loren 2 romances

Postby jack1974 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:26 pm

Well I have a file with 32 games ideas to make already. This will just be another entry in the list :lol:
I think that in all future games I'll try to always include yuri since it's one of the most popular genre right now :)

User avatar
Miakoda
Elder Druid
Posts: 856
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Re: Loren 2 romances

Postby Miakoda » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:33 pm

BobTheMob wrote:Also, unrelated subject: what does CG stand for? I see that all over the forums.


I always figured it was either Computer Graphic or Character Graphic. In the context of games like Loren, the single picture for the Love Scenes would be a CG...or the special endings like in PSCD.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 12513
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Loren 2 romances

Postby jack1974 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:19 pm

Yes exactly I don't know the origin of the word either, I guess stands for Computer Graphic. I know it's used for all those images which shows a special event, as Miakoda said, not using the normal character sprites but custom pose/scene/view etc.


Return to “Loren 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests