Reset your Life?

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Reset your Life?

Post by jack1974 »

Yes there's always the risk of breaking immersion, that's true. I could simply have a choice at beginning of the game to allow or not game-breaking stuff like this reset life. If you choose not, it will never show again. So your immersion won't be broken :)

Regarding your specific requests :mrgreen: I don't know yet, I mean I have ALREADY the old image colored. I guess I could always make a super-hidden cheat mode by which you can revert back to the old look. I'll think about it :)
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

:oops: Waiting with bated breath, Jack.

I moved a part of my previous post from here to the male camp poses thread. Figured it suited there better.
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Well as for battle statistics I see no reason to only show them at the end. They would probably be shown in the party menu. Which is kinda reminding me of Baldurs Gate.
Instead of showing them at the end how about a 'Hall of Fame' in the main menu with an entry for all completed playtroughs? We could also show there any achievement that was triggered during it.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

IMHO immersion in the story ends when the story ends. As long as the story is never interrupted just to show stats I don't see a problem. And it is in fact a game, and all but the most casual of games track stats. If one is treating it as a game, how can one be upset by stats? I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the complaint.
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

P_Tigras, what I wanted express earlier was how in the titles I previously mentioned I became so involved with the story that for a long while I forgot that I was playing a game. I became blind to the different mechanics of the games and just enjoyed the ride. That's a good thing. I believe the game has succeeded in distracting me when it happens. When it comes down to stat tracking, I don't really mind it either. I'm just not a fan of them being shown at the end of story based games like Loren, because I want the immersion to last through the epilogue and credits and back to the main screen. However, I do welcome statistic presentations in games which are more focused on performance in levels than in story, like Dishonored. Even at the end of them.

I have nothing specific against The Hall of Fame mechanic Anima_ brought up, since it would be safely tucked away in the main menu. But I would like to know how many completed playthroughs would be recorded there in total? An infinite amount?
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Grodul wrote: I have nothing specific against The Hall of Fame mechanic Anima_ brought up, since it would be safely tucked away in the main menu. But I would like to know how many completed playthroughs would be recorded there in total? An infinite amount?
Well theoretically an infinite amount, of course practically it would be constrained by the amount of memory your computer has available.
No reason not to, the data isn't exactly that much.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI