Inventory

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Inventory

Post by jack1974 »

Anima sent me a mysterious image:
obviously it's a VERY EARLY mockup image for the layout (as you can tell it still uses the old art). We've been discussing the inventory and the lesson learned from SOTW (and the fact that with Loren we want a more streamlined/intuitive experience).
With this new layout it should be possible to quickly change the equipped items with a few clicks. Also due to the fact that there won't be 9 inventory slots :lol: But not just that, have a complete view of the skills/resistances etc.
Of course is just a work in progress... the goal would be to display all the relevant info immediately. How much damage does the equipped weapon? the delay? etc. In past games you had to click on them, instead we're aiming at showing as much info as possible without the need to click.

We'll see how that plans out in the long term obviously :mrgreen:
Grodul
Young scout

Re: Inventory

Post by Grodul »

I'm eagerly waiting for a chance to see the inventory screen with proper graphics. I'm certain that it will be excellent. Do you intend to have the total values of defence, magic, speed and such of a character presented to a player immediately as well?

Speaking of inventory screens; Has there been past discussions about a chance to use potions and such before a battle and not merely during it?
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Inventory

Post by jack1974 »

Grodul wrote:I'm eagerly waiting for a chance to see the inventory screen with proper graphics. I'm certain that it will be excellent. Do you intend to have the total values of defence, magic, speed and such of a character presented to a player immediately as well?
Yes I think would be very useful to have a sort of short summary of each character, like it's seen in some RPG/MMORPG, to immediately see the attack/defense/speed/whatever. Also useful when changing items.
Grodul wrote: Speaking of inventory screens; Has there been past discussions about a chance to use potions and such before a battle and not merely during it?
In the current RPG framework that was problematic, in this new one I think will be possible. Then of course depends on design decisions :)