Release date?

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Release date?

Post by jack1974 »

Haha she's my favorite character too! The story of the party that goes to Zoltar isn't written yet, but when it starts I'll make sure that Rowinda shows up somehow :)
Player00013
Young scout

Post by Player00013 »

jack1974 wrote:Haha she's my favorite character too! The story of the party that goes to Zoltar isn't written yet, but when it starts I'll make sure that Rowinda shows up somehow :)
Will you make something like she went to sail the seas again and she found that magical island of youth and was never seen before, at least if her character won't be seen any more I wish she has a happy ending. :wink:
Aronco
Young scout

Post by Aronco »

So, any update on a possible release date? I just replayed Seasons of the Wolf once more and am so hyped for Loren 2!!! :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe no sorry. I am really behind with many games, but I'm going to push this year to have the story finished at least. Even when the story is done, just scripting it is going to take 2-3 months (since will be very long).
I am going to have another writer work on the "old gang" story at same time as the other is working on the "new gang", to speed things up :)
Kharlene
Young scout

Post by Kharlene »

Honestly, I'd like a happy ending, too, for a change. >.>

Namely with a lesbian relationship, and here's the reason why--speaking as a lesbian... it's actually a more rare in media from literature, movies, music, and yes even video games for lesbians to have a happy ending than a tragic one. It's a vastly more common of a phenomenon within movies and literature especially for lesbian characters' relationship (though slightly less so (not by much) in the case of male gay characters) to suddenly end tragically whether through break-up, circumstance or death. More often than not within literature it's a tragic death. But, I mean, even Loren 1 ending for Elenor and Loren ends in tragedy, by its end the world is saved and everyone can go home and become family men/women and yet abruptly Loren is challenged and dies. And my reaction as gay woman hoping at last for a happy ending is this:

And I'm like, "Again? AGAIN?!", because it's such a commonality within gay literature/movies for the two women's relationship to end in this manner that it's become a cliche.

This isn't just an observation on my part, in fact, it's observation made by many film and literature critics and researchers that have noticed this as a common trend and theme that has gone on for literal ages even into our current modern, and in many cases disturbingly so. A lot of times when I bring this up, I'll get some hipster telling me that a (paraphrasing) "tragic ending is more unique" to which I always counter, "If that's what's most common, how is it then more unique?". Or they'll tell me that things ending in tragedy is more "interesting". To which I often have to explain to them that when 95% (that's not an exact figure but not much of an exaggerated one) of the media that portrays your sexuality consistently ends terribly for those characters whom share it--how "interesting" it is wanes severely to being "not interesting at all" over the years of your life after seeing it time and again because they being the vast majority (to enormous extents) of options available to you for viewing.

And I know I got all super serious pants here with all of that, but I'm just saying the more "unique" and "interesting" route for a gay relationship, especially a lesbian one... would be for it to be a happy ending, because they are so RARE within gay literature, films, and even games (though in the case of games it's not as bad (not even close to being as bad)). Anyway...

So coming full circle, I'm just hoping for a happy ending for a change... T_T
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm... I agree with what you say, but this is a thread about Loren 2 release date :lol: are you sure you didn't mean to post this somewhere else? :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Kharlene wrote:But, I mean, even Loren 1 ending for Elenor and Loren ends in tragedy, by its end the world is saved and everyone can go home and become family men/women and yet abruptly Loren is challenged and dies.
Wasn't the original MF Saren ending similar though?* I mean I get your point overall, but in the case you get a tragic ending regardless of the main character's gender, I think that's done more for the story than for slighting homosexual relationships.
Spoiler:
* Disclaimer, I haven't actually played the original Saren route, but if you had to sacrifice one of your characters like with Elenor and you chose yourself, I assume it'd also end badly for your relationship?
Foelhe
Young scout

Post by Foelhe »

No, Kharlene's talking about the epilogue. If you finish the game with Saren/Loren, you get an ending about how they got married and had a son. If you finish the game with Saren/Elenor, you get an ending about Loren dying in a duel. Very different feel.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ahh OK that. Well it wasn't done on purpose obviously, the gender didn't matter at all!
Imagine the poor writer who has to write 12+ romance epilogues, trying to make them a bit differently, doesn't want to have them all with a happy ending. But I'll keep an eye on this in future games. I remember after some "bad epilogues" in Roommates, there was revolt in forum so we changed many of them.
If people wants ONLY happy epilogues for the romance endings, well I'll give that to them, no problem :)
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

Wouldn't this make the game boring and strongly reduce the motivation for replay?

I found the end of Loren/Elenor fitting. The game stated that there are two ways for an amazon / queen to die: Step down for her daugther or be killed. So Loren was granted an honorable death in the world of the amazons. It is the way of life she wanted to live.
They had the same discussion with Mass Effect 3. Everything lies in ruins and Shepard dies. Well, if the Milky Way would not have survivved on it's last breath, the whole story about the reapers attacking and eradicating all live would have not been credible.
If thepeople only accept happy endings with their character, I can understand from a business point of view to supply them with it. But it will also limit the writer's freedom for the story. Thus I think you should make the happy ending either very hard to reach or sell it as an "upgrade" for those, who cannot get along with a "not-so-snuggly"-ending.
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters