Release date?

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Release date?

Post by jack1974 »

So it's not official yet, but...
As you know, the game was split into two stories to avoid going insane, so that there's a story with the new party, and another with the "old gang".
The writer started writing the common introduction and then the story with the new characters. However for various reasons he's quite behind. I decided to have another writer work on the "old gang story". This because otherwise the whole thing (old+new party stories) would probably be finished in 2020 or something (I'm serious, not joking!).
It's a bit too far away :mrgreen:
I don't know which one of the two stories will be done first, but at least now there are two things going in parallel, which is surely better than before! :) Since they take place in two separate continents and the characters are all different, I don't think there will be any problem. I'll also follow it myself directly since I want to put some lore in it (as you can imagine there are some interesting places/characters from SOTW which could appear...).
Koolmees
Young scout

Post by Koolmees »

jack1974 wrote:So it's not official yet, but...
As you know, the game was split into two stories to avoid going insane, so that there's a story with the new party, and another with the "old gang".
The writer started writing the common introduction and then the story with the new characters. However for various reasons he's quite behind. I decided to have another writer work on the "old gang story". This because otherwise the whole thing (old+new party stories) would probably be finished in 2020 or something (I'm serious, not joking!).
It's a bit too far away :mrgreen:
I don't know which one of the two stories will be done first, but at least now there are two things going in parallel, which is surely better than before! :) Since they take place in two separate continents and the characters are all different, I don't think there will be any problem. I'll also follow it myself directly since I want to put some lore in it (as you can imagine there are some interesting places/characters from SOTW which could appear...).
How long does it take to make one of your games from start to finish? And how many games do you usually work on at the same time? I am very much looking forward to Loren 2 btw.
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

This is a good news. What I wanted to ask is about how are the parts going to be split? I thought at first that it is going to be like an expansion in witch part 1 ends with "to be continued" and part 2 continues from there but based on what you are saying now that doesn't seem to be case, so is it going to be something a long the lines of 2 different routes, like one part picks up from one possible ending while the other ones pick up from another or such as in PS where story gets split in 2 different routes right at beginning?
Also if you don't mind saying witch writer is working on witch part as in what other titles of yours did witch of those 2 writers worked on?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Koolmees wrote: How long does it take to make one of your games from start to finish? And how many games do you usually work on at the same time? I am very much looking forward to Loren 2 btw.
That's really a hard question to answer. Obviously dating sims are the fastest to make, and RPGs the slowest :) but I think in general depends mainly on how my collaborators work. If you take PSCD, making that game in 1 year was a sort of miracle: the writer wrote over 200k words (and of good quality too), artist (despite the complaints) was super reliable and fast, and even Anima who coded the card game was faster than usual. I did my job as always :wink:
I could say VERY in general: about 5-6 months for a dating sim and 10-12 months for a RPG, but it can vary a lot based on how people quickly work.
DarkWolf wrote:such as in PS where story gets split in 2 different routes right at beginning?
Yes, there's a common intro. Then a "key event" which I won't say since is a spoiler, which forces the characters to split. In that moment the player can choose who to join and are two parallel plots. They could have been two separate games, one after the other, but that could have been even more problematic (what if PC romanced one of the new characters?! etc) so to avoid madness we decided to go this way :)
DarkWolf wrote:Also if you don't mind saying witch writer is working on witch part as in what other titles of yours did witch of those 2 writers worked on?
Roommates' writer is working in the main intro+the new characters game. Roger Steel/Undead Lily writer will work on the "old team" story. I picked him since he knows Loren very well and he's one of the most reliable writers I know, so even if he has two games to finish writing the story (but they're both at good point) I'm sure he could finish all the story next year.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sooooooo! Today writer emailed me saying he wrote the "The End".
I'm not sure if he wrote also everything between the beginning and that sentence :mrgreen:
Jokes apart, it's only the main story, so all the romance/camp talk/sidequests are still missing, but it's still a milestone. Still need to read it, and don't get too excited because still doesn't mean it will be out next year (the new framework is still being made, and I think I want to do PS2 first anyway), but it's a good news nonetheless :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:...and don't get too excited because still doesn't mean it will be out next year
(Mock-whiny voice) Jaaaaaaaaaaack! Why do you do this to us--give us just a hint of this finally happening and then shoot us down??? Waaaaaaaaah! :cry: :P

Seriously, though: When's the approx. latest it will be out? The original was second only to SOTW in terms of my faves so far from you guys, and so I'm DYIN to see this happen!!!!!!! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Latest? it could be out even in 2020 for what I know. I don't know :)
OK jokes apart, I really cannot know. The best I can do is list the games that SHOULD come out, in which order:
QoT (obviously, since is in beta since months)
Never Forget Me
Amber's Magic Shop
Planet Stronghold 2
at this point, IF the writer has done the remaning stuff, could be Loren 2. But I might finish some other games if are more advanced. So as you can see there's still a bit to wait :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:I think I want to do PS2 first anyway :)
:)

Not that I don't appreciate Loren, just been waiting a lot longer for PS2. Plus if it comes between Amber and Loren 2, you have a nice variety in settings instead of releasing a batch of Aravorn games in a row.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes makes sense to release the game in the order they were originally announced. PS2 was supposed to be out shortly after the 1st (out in 2011!). While Loren was out at end of 2012 including the DLC. I'm doing QoT now which was announced in 2011 and Amber as well :)
Player00013
Young scout

Post by Player00013 »

You said we will meet characters from SOTW, please tell me we will meet Rowinda, she was my favourite, seriously now, I think Rowinda was everyones's favourite character from SOTW, I even tried to cheat the game to win the battle against Jul and make sure she lives because I thought she won't :lol: , but who can condamn me for that? She was lovely and I really hope she will summon a vulcano in Loren 2 at least :lol: