A short update on this (riot incoming! lol)

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: A short update on this (riot incoming! lol)

Post by jack1974 »

You can CONTINUE a romance from previous game, or choose to start without any previous romance. Similarly to the fact that you can romance the new characters or ignore them completely and get the alone ending :lol:
Mixing them would really bring a riot, since those who liked certain characters would be disappointed, especially since the delay between each game can be long. If I liked Karen, and in the first part I see 2-3 old characters available to romance but not her, I would be very pissed. Instead if all of them are available, or aren't (in second part) then I wouldn't complain since nobody is getting a special treatment, everyone has to wait the same amount of time.

Oh, I am definitely NEVER going to do a game with continuing romances EVER again :) for real! I regret having done that, I should have just done Loren 2 with another main character and not Elenor/Saren, like basically 99% of other RPGs developers do. Well, another lesson learned I guess :lol:
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

Yes, well, while your attempt truly is most ambitious, to say the least, it is also most unique. Who knows, maybe by trying something like this you will be remembered in gaming history for a long time. :mrgreen:

I have presented my ideas on romantic interests (please note that they were not all about who appears first :wink:). Do with them what thou wilt. 8)
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

So.... which cast is first?(If you already decided and if you want to tell now.)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:You can CONTINUE a romance from previous game, or choose to start without any previous romance. Similarly to the fact that you can romance the new characters or ignore them completely and get the alone ending :lol:
Mixing them would really bring a riot, since those who liked certain characters would be disappointed, especially since the delay between each game can be long. If I liked Karen, and in the first part I see 2-3 old characters available to romance but not her, I would be very pissed. Instead if all of them are available, or aren't (in second part) then I wouldn't complain since nobody is getting a special treatment, everyone has to wait the same amount of time.
Dunno, Bioware did this with Mass Effect. Yeah it'll be a little disappointing to have to wait but they WILL be in the next game so it's not too bad. It's just a chance to pretend you're playing a brand new character.

I'd vote for the mix as well. Otherwise it might feel too similar to Loren 1.
Svanhildr
Young scout

Post by Svanhildr »

If splitting the games up gives the characters more dialogue and fleshing out then I'm all for it!
I would prefer a mixture of old and new though, most LIs I'm interested in are new characters, but I'm sure I can wait if this will not be the case since I can understand dissapointments if some previous LIs are not present.
I'll accept whatever you decide in the end~
Meep :3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I was thinking to go with the NEW romances first, so you would meet new people, and then the old cast. Anyway, it's the writer that must decide since I did this on purpose to avoid him go insane :lol: for me, the amount of work is the same, 8 characters to design (even the old cast will have new skills etc).
GooGoose
Young scout

Post by GooGoose »

We understand. You're not making a Suikoden game or something!

I personally like the idea of one game having the old characters and the other having the new, but it does raise the question; what about Loren? Aside from the player character she's the most major personality in the game.
ILoveiLsMaRiE
Young scout

Post by ILoveiLsMaRiE »

Exizel wrote:Bi characters are still bi.
Well, that was an easy way to say it :lol: .

I have to say I don't find any problems in having two separate games. I think I'm looking forward to the game(s) even more than before (If that's even possible!).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

GooGoose wrote: I personally like the idea of one game having the old characters and the other having the new, but it does raise the question; what about Loren? Aside from the player character she's the most major personality in the game.
In this story, the player character has more importance and is not a sidekick anymore :)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

jack1974 wrote:
GooGoose wrote: I personally like the idea of one game having the old characters and the other having the new, but it does raise the question; what about Loren? Aside from the player character she's the most major personality in the game.
In this story, the player character has more importance and is not a sidekick anymore :)
Fun, though that was one of the things that caught my eye most about Loren, the idea of playing an RPG where the player character is not the grand chosen one was very interesting :) . I'm totally cool with Sarelenor taking front stage though :mrgreen: .