A short update on this (riot incoming! lol)

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
Greyreason
Young scout

Re: A short update on this (riot incoming! lol)

Post by Greyreason »

It's for the best. As you say, a large cast just means each of them gets less screen time, and the quality of the interactions dips.
gamesempie
Young scout

Post by gamesempie »

I think splitting the game into two parallel paths is probably the best solution. I'd love to see all 24 characters fully flushed out together but yeah that's a little crazy for an indie company. Personally I'd suggest using a mix of new and old characters for each path that way people get to see some familiar faces they love with some new faces as well. I wish you best of luck with getting this game to the same level of awesomeness as Loren the Amazon Princess. :shock: All eyes :shock: are on you Jack don't mess up and get this game to us soon. :wink: no pressure or anything :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the no pressure message! :lol:
I'll direct that pressure on the writer for now :wink:
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

AS long as Chambarra has a romantic encounter with Elenor in both games, I am okay with it :D
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol clearly you didn't read my post carefully then :lol:. Chambara (and any other character) will have his/her romance in only one part/episode/story however you want to call it. The CG amount is still the same, I have the romance+pin-up. What changes is that there aren't two separate games with all romances at once, which will mean that each character will actually have MORE "screen time" (dialogues) than before, and the first part will be released before 2020 :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Exizel wrote: 16 is the number of characters, 24 the number of romances since half of the love interest are share, so each game will have 8 love interest and 12 romances like in Loren+DLC
Ah, thanks. :) I got confused on characters and romances being used sort of interchangeably earlier.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:Lol clearly you didn't read my post carefully then :lol:. Chambara (and any other character) will have his/her romance in only one part/episode/story however you want to call it. The CG amount is still the same, I have the romance+pin-up. What changes is that there aren't two separate games with all romances at once, which will mean that each character will actually have MORE "screen time" (dialogues) than before, and the first part will be released before 2020 :)
You heard it here! The official word: Loren 2 in 2019! ;) (Still waiting on that Planet Stronghold sequel "later this year"! ;) )

Sounds like you're not going to get that much of a riot by splitting the game though.
ILoveiLsMaRiE
Young scout

Post by ILoveiLsMaRiE »

Well, I have to say I was a little dissapointed when I read the first post, but reading the other messages... It really isn't bad at all.
What I understand is: No characters or romances are going to be removed, they're only going to be split in two parts. Is that right?
If that is the case, I really don't mind! In fact, it's a pretty cool idea. I always liked playing a story with different characters or from a different point of view.
But I have one question: Let's say Chambara originally had a romance with Saren and Elenor. That's still going to happen in the game she is romanceable? Or it will be only with Saren or Elenor?
The idea of a lot of characters and romances in the same game is really tempting, I won't lie. But it's good to see you won't throw away the quality of the game just for that. If something is really difficult to make it work, the best thing is not doing it at all. But your solution is even more awesome! So, no complaints from me.
Good luck, keep up the good work, and thanks for the update! :mrgreen:
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

ILoveiLsMaRiE wrote:Well, I have to say I was a little dissapointed when I read the first post, but reading the other messages... It really isn't bad at all.
What I understand is: No characters or romances are going to be removed, they're only going to be split in two parts. Is that right?
If that is the case, I really don't mind! In fact, it's a pretty cool idea. I always liked playing a story with different characters or from a different point of view.
But I have one question: Let's say Chambara originally had a romance with Saren and Elenor. That's still going to happen in the game she is romanceable? Or it will be only with Saren or Elenor?
The idea of a lot of characters and romances in the same game is really tempting, I won't lie. But it's good to see you won't throw away the quality of the game just for that. If something is really difficult to make it work, the best thing is not doing it at all. But your solution is even more awesome! So, no complaints from me.
Good luck, keep up the good work, and thanks for the update! :mrgreen:
Bi characters are still bi.
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

I personally vote to have a mix of familiar characters and fresh ones in each parallel game (if one is allowed to vote about the matter, that is). One reason being that by mixing together new and old, the familiar characters could make comparisons between new and old characters. For examle, if Myrth happened to be in the same game with Rei and Samaras, she could be stating that there is something similar between their habits, because they both attract a large numer of admirers (I'm having a hard time coming up with something here, sorry). Another reason is that in both games there is always something new and old to keep things fresh and in balance, and not simply a big explosion of new or old stuff.

Then there was the matter of the romantic partner from Loren 1. There has been discussion about this already, I noticed, but I wish to bring up my own worries about it as well. First; should the player be able to only play the game that has the romantic partner from previous game in it as well? More clearly, can I for example choose Karen to be Eleanor's love intrest only in "parallel game 1" BUT NOT in "parallel game 2"? Second; if the First will not happen, how are our player characters keeping in touch with their lovers who are performing the "other quest". Are they perchance sending and receiving love letters? :) I'd like to read those, by the way. Of course that does mean more writing :( ...

Any thoughts about these points?
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."