Question About The Upcoming Romance Scenes

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
worgool
Young scout

Re: Question About The Upcoming Romance Scenes

Post by worgool »

I think romance scenes have to reflect character of partners - gentle, not modest, courageous, proud, wild, artful and so dely (in mass effect scenes with Liara were ideal) I think so :roll:
lilypuff
Young scout

Post by lilypuff »

Actually, jack, you came across as polite and objective. I was thinking more along the lines of what kind of first impression I made, seeing that my first post ever on this forum was to criticize you game.

I agree that you shouldn't make Loren 2 into a dating sim, that'd be taking things way too far and ruin your game. It should stay true to its "RPG with romance"-genre, but I still think you could take the romance-part a bit further without damaging your brand.
Like worgool says, it should reflect the character of partners...however ( :girl_cool: ) , I wouldn't be one to complain if you made it major, badass, jawdroppingly hot...*cough*.

I really don't understand how I suddenly came to find so much pleasure in games such as Loren. I've always been more of the "heyho, let's go kill orcs", open a couple of cold ones with my male buddies, shoot from the hip in De_dust2, or play White Day (that korean horror survival game). Hell, I'm even capable of being entertained by those japanese things I mentioned. But now, suddenly, I find myself craving RPGs with amazing romance plots. :unknown:

Also, just so that we're clear:

I'm really looking forward to buying your game. The fact that we'll be able to "continue" the romance from Loren 1 is something I find very cool! So get it done ASAP! I'll be waiting anxiously...something I'm not very good at, btw. Things somehow end up smashed.

EDIT: Oh, and of course I'm looking forward to Seasons of the Wolf, even if you've said it'll be shorter than Loren, and with fewer romance options. So much goodness waiting for me in the future :3
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:On my site Loren is uncensored indeed, but overall, I ran into more issues than I thought. So to avoid going crazy, I think will make all future games more tame, since was too stressful dealing with all of this :oops: sorry
That's unfortunate. :( People are okay with partial or brief nudity on TV but freak out if they see it in a game (even with an option to skip it). They did add a nice touch though - so many games just end with a hug or a brief kiss.

Going off of what lilypuff mentioned, perhaps you don't need additional CG scenes, but maybe some of the ordinary story dialogue could change if you're in a relationship with a character. It's been a long time since I've played the non-Fost version so it may already be like this, but if you were in a relationship for Loren or Karen, perhaps the argument over who was to be the sacrifice would be a little different (more emotional/personal?). Just small things along the way so it feels like they are actually in a relationship and it didn't stop once they hooked up.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes was working like this already, if you were in a romantic relationship the dialogue changed a lot :)
cheska
Young scout

Post by cheska »

lilypuff wrote:being corrupted by certain games and comics originating from Japan...*ehem* enough said regarding that matter. :
Guess what, I used to play predominantly Japanese games until I was pleasantly surprised that I can get such games in English these days. I don't really always mean the super hardcore Japanese games though I did played a few before, but RPGs with romance elements (or just purely romance-game) are pretty common in Japan....just that it tend to stayed where it is, within the Japanese market.

So I'm glad to have find my way here. ^^
cheska
Young scout

Post by cheska »

jack1974 wrote:ROFL haha that's the best suggestion/feature request post I've seen! :lol:
Yes I understand what you mean, however Loren (and SOTW for that matter) is primarily "a RPG with romance", not a dating sims :mrgreen: also as you can imagine the big cast means that adding flirting to each possible romance takes more time. Perhaps in future will make a game with less romanceable characters, but a lot more interaction / longer flirting scenes, that could be an option for sure.

Also, the romances of the first game are going to continue in the second, so in practice you can see it as an "extension" of the first game love stories if you want :)

Sorry if I seemed a bit rude yesterday but had been a loong day :)
But I really like it. It's more fun than a pure 'dating sim', and I thought the dialogue in Loren was pretty good too. And nice art. ^__^
senhua1980
Young scout

Post by senhua1980 »

jack1974 wrote:On my site Loren is uncensored indeed, but overall, I ran into more issues than I thought. So to avoid going crazy, I think will make all future games more tame, since was too stressful dealing with all of this :oops: sorry
Sadly if this will be true then maybe I will never buy games again from you as "make all future games more tame" is my main turn off point here.
Anyway good luck with your new sexyness concept, I hope that will make you easy for selling the game
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Replied already in your other posts. In Loren 2 there aren't sexy outfits but the romance scenes are still quite sexy (fully naked, just not like Chambara's ones though :lol:).
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:Replied already in your other posts. In Loren 2 there aren't sexy outfits but the romance scenes are still quite sexy (fully naked, just not like Chambara's ones though :lol:).
Aww but the Cult of Chamby cannot be denied! :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness though, that was my favorite one, though I think i'm quite biased towards that from my personal experiences and tastes with my fiancée these past years. :oops: