GUI Previews

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
Anima_
Druid

GUI Previews

Post by Anima_ »

These are just some early conceptual mock ups for the pre battle screens. They're mostly to test how much information we can reasonably display.

The information screen. On the left side showing victory conditions, the environment and the current party setup with quick access to saved setups. On the right side you can see the enemies.

The party setup screen. On the left is the current party. On the right is a filterable list with all available party members and the configuration storage menu where you can save your party configurations.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: GUI Previews

Post by jack1974 »

Seeing the enemy before the battle is a cool thing I think, allows you to pick your team and adds some strategy. Is what I'm trying to do now with SOTW even if I have some small issues (that framework displays the party setup before the battle object is created so can't access easily the enemy setup :mrgreen:).
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Certainly some improvements over Loren here! I'm curious about the victory/defeat conditions though since I am pretty sure they were exactly those for EVERY fight in Loren. I assume you don't intend to use that much screen space for information that will never change, so what new conditions might we be dealing with? :)
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

At the moment we have time elapsed and death of a specific character. There will probably be a few more, but that will depend on the encounter design and the story.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

So we might be seeing some encounters where we can't hope to defeat the entire enemy team but we can win by killing a key member of it? I like the sound of that.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes is interesting, I should do it for SOTW too in certain encounters... :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Would be a nice touch to personal quests in Loren too, for example Rei/Dora's quests could have that one priority target in the back row, and Myrth and Apolimesho could have some survive x time units quests. Draco could have like four different mobs (each with their own vulnerability) but you only need to kill two (any two). If you can use this already in SotW it would be sexier than Myrth, and also something on your list of excuses to be delaying the first season until May (we both know you are working on that list!).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Eh unfortunately looks like that the beta will be delayed to May in any case. I didn't expect to have 3 games on Steam at once :oops:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Eh unfortunately looks like that the beta will be delayed to May in any case. I didn't expect to have 3 games on Steam at once :oops:
And you may have a few others pass Greenlight in the next go around as well.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

:DDD

Don't worry, I'm planning a vacation in September* for some hardcore beta testing!

*next year