Tales Of Aravorn - Reign Of War

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Tales Of Aravorn - Reign Of War

Post by jack1974 »

WOOOOOOT!
So the official game title will be this one. Tales Of Aravorn - Reign Of War. Aleema and I brainstormed a few titles (to be honest I had 2-3 in mind but were ridiculous so she suggested a series of titles that would fit better).
That will be the second game featuring Loren and Co. I subtitled it "Tales Of Aravorn" and SOTW will be also part of the "series" (since takes place in Aravorn too).
For the curious ones, the game AFTER this one will be called a more reassuring "Reign Of Peace" (but that doesn't mean will be all about happy stuff of course). You can call that Loren 3 if you want :lol: though I really wouldn't put a number on the games. I'm keeping all of them in this forum since I don't want to make 500 subforums!

The main menu image is WIP - while Jul is an important character in this story, and that is a CG taken from the game, she will be replaced with another character (guess who? I won't tell you if you're right or not anyway, spoilers!) and will also be recolored to match better the rest of the game style.
The title/logo instead is final! I improved my logo skills! right, right? :mrgreen:
Sylrissa
Druid

Re: Tales Of Aravorn - Reign Of War

Post by Sylrissa »

Looks good!, glad you had Aleema there with you to brainstorm ideas for the title, it has a very ominous feeling to the name.
ill_intent
Young scout

Post by ill_intent »

YAY!!
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I like the first. The second is poetic but not very catchy :(
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well they needed to be opposites (War / Peace, Dark / Light, etc).
Svanhildr
Young scout

Post by Svanhildr »

I like it! ^^b
Meep :3
ill_intent
Young scout

Post by ill_intent »

They could've always gone the other way and made it tie in with the word reign. Like the 1st is "Reign of War" and the 2nd could be "Reignfall" or something. Or maybe just contrast the war-peace part and not use reign. Something like: Reign of War and Veil of Peace or whatever.

Anywho, since it's mostly just a title tied into "Tales of Aravorn", it doesn't matter that much so I've got no problems with it.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I really like Veil of Peace :) makes me think the peace is just a facade and conflict boils underneath.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Oh also just to be clear since I got an email today from an user "hoping that Loren 2 is available BEFORE Q4 2014"... :mrgreen:
As of today, all I have is a rough plot outline and the art for the game (and not even all, planning to do more CG and backgrounds) but everything else is missing: story, GUI, class/rules design etc etc. Just so that you don't think the game will be out anytime soon :)
Neverr
Young scout

Post by Neverr »

Good stuff. I love the title of this, looking forward to it!