Development of Loren2

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
Neverr
Young scout

Development of Loren2

Post by Neverr »

Perhaps I am not looking hard enough, but is there specific things that we, the player base can do to help advance this game along? Be it simply posting on these forums, testing things for bugs, or even the ability to donate to the company itself. After many years of playing probably upwards of a thousand different games, I have very much grown a strong distaste for where the game market is barreling towards. Purchasing this game on steam was a much needed breathe of fresh air, and I would like to show my support in any way possible. So if anyone has more knowledge on this I'd love to know!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Development of Loren2

Post by jack1974 »

I thought about doing some pre-order thing, but I am VERY SCARED of taking people's money before the game is in a somewhat advanced state. I did that for other games last year (Bionic Heart 2 and Nicole) but then I got worried because they were taking longer than I expected :lol:
Anyway the game won't be out this year, but I'm very determined to put it out next year, at least the first part, as you might have read will be divided in two games.
Also just to be clear, is not like by "divided by two" I mean like two episodes. They'll be two different, big games. You can call them Loren 2 and 3 if you prefer. I don't want to give the impression that we're making two quick games, or that the story has a cliffhanger to make people buy both, or any other dirty trick like that :wink:
I think maybe I'll need to find an appropriate title soon and call it with that name instead of simply "Loren 2" since could be misleading :)
Neverr
Young scout

Post by Neverr »

Ohh I see. Well alright that sounds cool. I'm definitely okay with more content than less! I'd be happy to donate if the idea of pre-ordering is a scary concept to you. This way you're under no obligation towards a specific game or held to a deadline. And of course anything else as well.

And a quick thought, which thread do you want our hopes for Loren 2 to be posted in, It looks like there's a few so I'm wondering if it's just a free for all or if there's an official post for development chit-chat.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well for suggestions/feature requests probably this one: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2955
Otherwise feel free to make a new thread about a specific topic (ie. side quests, crafting, etc). I prefer that rather than a huge long thread with many topics, is easier if in 4-5 months I want to go back and read some suggestions made :)
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

Hi Jack and everybody else!

After the first Loren I started to think what kind of elements I would like to see or read during those flirting moments in the middle of the game and the final romance cg at the end. Thus I ask: Would it be possible for us fans to give some suggestions and ideas for the possible romantic moments in the Loren 2, or is it all in the hands of the writers? I'm thinking stuff like possible scenarios and sudden twists during the romance, dangerous situations for the player character and the love interest (during which player can see that these two clearly care for each other), camp talk topics, little things that could be mentioned during more tender moments, etc. I am not talking about writing actual dialogue ready. Only to give small ideas here and there. We could collect our ideas on a new topic and you could then evaluate if among these suggestions there exists something worthy to add in the actual game.
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm not the writer, but I think shouldn't be a problem to make suggestions! They help the creative process, so you can go ahead if you want and start a new thread :)
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

jack1974 wrote:I'm not the writer, but I think shouldn't be a problem to make suggestions! They help the creative process, so you can go ahead if you want and start a new thread :)
Thank you. :) I will, if someone doesn't beat me to it.
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."