Did someone mention NAGAS!?

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Did someone mention NAGAS!?

Post by jack1974 »

Haha if my Nagas were like that image, at least I wouldn't get complaints "why can't romance them!" (I think, at this point I'm not surprised by any request anymore! :lol:)
In general with artists I prefer to leave them more freedom. I know how it is to work for someone in a creative field (I was webdesigner before) and I know that putting too many restrictions sucks for the artist. So unless is absolutely necessary I prefer leaving creative freedom :)
BBPetrasanta
Young scout

Post by BBPetrasanta »

Har-Har :3 I know you guys can't emphasize enough the Nagas being NOT romanceable but maybe you could atleast pitch in a joke scene Har-Har :3 like when the PC tries to flirt with them and then gets rejected (in a funny way) Har-Har :3 but if you already have a final script for the game then take this with a grain of salt Har-Har :3 nicely done . . . hats off to the people >.< (I'm new here har-har :3 please don't kill me )
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Lonestar51, that naga link actually is a good example of someone trying to make a more 'natural' hybrid instead of the half-human/half-animal :)
The problem with ratmen is that they're all too cute to be enemies
You want to stroke that...fur...you know you do ;)
Bah, I think the Nagas are too cute to be enemies, too
And those people who love snakes as pets would be smitten with a naga :)
In general with artists I prefer to leave them more freedom. I know how it is to work for someone in a creative field (I was webdesigner before) and I know that putting too many restrictions sucks for the artist. So unless is absolutely necessary I prefer leaving creative freedom :)
Not to mention there is something to be said for people being to recognize a different supernatural species/race/etc.
(I think, at this point I'm not surprised by any request anymore! :lol:)
I blame your artists for making them look scrumptious ;)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Why was the female naga's face altered from the original? I thought the original was lovely. The male's face on the other hand doesn't seem to have been changed at all aside from the hair-cut.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

There are differing sprites for each gender and class. We can mix and match hair styles and faces as we need.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Aleema wrote:There are differing sprites for each gender and class. We can mix and match hair styles and faces as we need.
Ahh, that explains it. Thanks. I didn't mention it previously, but the female naga's weapon had also changed from a saber, much like the male's, to a boomarang. I expect that's probably due to a class change as well then.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes in practice is a "paperdoll" system, with several heads, hairs, outfits and weapons, so we can mix them to have more characters/enemies in the game without having to draw a new one every time :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

The paperdoll system certainly makes sense. At least it can give some variation, etc.

I'm sure you've already thought of, but with some of the other pictures/characters you've done as well, you might 'borrow' monsters from your other games.

I saw this Undead Lily picture from your blog:
http://winterwolvesgames.tumblr.com/image/63378259005

If you decide to have harpies in Aravorn, it could be interesting to see them going after the Amazon's griffons, maybe taking control of the heights of the Citadel, etc.

Or if one is channeling SimCity, just summon the dust devil for a little remodeling ;)
http://winterwolvesgames.tumblr.com/image/66299255735

And to get back on topic with Nagas, are they going to have poison or constrict as a special attack?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes poison is very likely, as for constrict I am not sure it would be a great move especially against some good melee fighter... "while you try to strangle me I'll cut you open in two!" - quote from Amukiki's battle diary :lol: