feedback wanted!

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
Ophelianime
Young scout

Re: feedback wanted!

Post by Ophelianime »

jack1974 wrote:Yes no worries, all the character will have more covering outfits in the sequel. I was a bit dumb and didn't consider that it could be a big deal (despite Aleema warned me). Now I've learned the lesson, two outfits for all tastes :)
I just want to say that the revealing outfits never bothered me
of course, that's probably because there was equal amounts of fanservice for the ladies (oh abs galore! :mrgreen: ) I guess that makes me an equal opportunity pervert?
That isn't to say that I don't like the look of the new outfits, because I do very much! I think that they're very creative and cool in a fantasy way which is awesome! I will miss seeing the scenic plains of Saren's chest though. I mentioned this in another forum, but I really hope that this next game will come with downloadable graphics
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well is not like one side is right or wrong but is a matter of tastes and I couldn't simply ignore one of the two :)
Ophelianime
Young scout

Post by Ophelianime »

jack1974 wrote:Well is not like one side is right or wrong but is a matter of tastes and I couldn't simply ignore one of the two :)
Well that's very diplomatic of you.
Let me just take a moment to say that this has become my favorite PC game (and considering it has to compete with Chocolatier 1 thru 3 that's saying something) It has great graphics, fun fights, witty dialogue, well-rounded characters, and a fully fleshed story-line. Basically you and your team have managed to incorporate all my favorite trappings which is an impressive feat, considering how picky I am. In fact, I was so moved that I actually watched the entire credits roll by without trying to skip them. Again, this is an accomplishment considering I have ADD. I just want to say, thank you, keep up the good work, and Good Luck with your other endeavors as well!
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I don't buy into the practicality argument, especially armor, that most people bring up....when their real intention was against sexualized costumes. I rarely hear people complain about Fire Emblem's character designs/costumes, which is typically just a pair of pauldrons and a plate that just covers the chest. They wear a good amount of clothing underneath, but fabric isn't going to stop a spear.

For me, it's not about how much skin is exposed or covered up but the overall shape and cut of the clothing and how it looks on the person wearing wearing it. I'm not a fan of Loren's new design, but do like the other designs I seen so far.
jack1974 wrote:Well is not like one side is right or wrong but is a matter of tastes and I couldn't simply ignore one of the two :)
As a consumer, I appreciate having more choices. However, putting myself in your shoes, that's a lot of art assets to deal with :shock:.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well that's the hard life of the true free indie developer! :lol:
Jokes apart, you can play safe, make ONLY straight romances, no sexy content, and be welcome in all portals, in all groups, and have zero risks and an easy life like many (most) other indies do. But I didn't go indie for this, but to do what I want and also to give my support to any kind of sexual orientation :wink:

As for the assets thing, yes is more stuff to do, but actually now we design the sprites first in the sexy version and then with the covered clothes, so is not too terrible :)
Neverr
Young scout

Post by Neverr »

Without reading the 10+ pages of this thread I'd like to comment on the op.

I have played Loren: The Amazon princess perhaps maybe four times now? And I enjoy it thoroughly, especially how the developing relationships between the characters evolves the story (if even only slightly). So I would be greatly saddened if the route of fresh relationships between the two games was adopted.

If I could dream for a moments time It'd be amazing if the romances from Loren 1 could transfer over. If I may offer a scenario:

Say One romanced Chambara (My favorite character btw. I'm hard pressed to find a more enjoyable character even in other game series, serious props!) and she was only in the second part of Loren 2 but not the initial release. It'd be great if you gave us the option at the beginning of the game for returning players to choose whom we romanced in Loren 1, so even if Chambara never showed up in the first part of Loren 2, my character wouldn't be oogling the bodies of everyone as if he/she was single (of course, not taking away the possibility of other romances coming to fruition). But Just so that players who would prefer to be a straight shooter and stick to one person wouldn't be forced to feel like he/she totally forgot about their previous romances. Along the same lines, if that person was previously romanced in Loren 1 we wouldn't have to start from scratch building the romance all over again, rather something like starting halfway. That way there's a clear indication that something was already there, but still leaving the possibility of developing a deeper relationship.

All in all while as you stated it creates serious dilemma's for the developer and writer, I'd still be sad to see you take the triple A take on this (I originally bought this game to get away from that!) and start fresh with each new continuation of the game. As stated above I also found you weaving the particular romances into the story line and affecting the overall feel of how the plot developed top notch, better than any other rpg I've played thus far. Dragon Age, Mass effect, and various smaller titles don't come close to the level of satisfaction that this game grants you for choosing specific paths, well done on that note as well!

P.S. This is my first post on the forums but I'd love to help the development in any way possible as Loren: The amazon princess is a game that I personally have found great pleasure in, perhaps ranking amongst the top five games I've played ever!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No wait they're not starting fresh. If you choose a previous character, like Chambara in your example, when the game starts you don't need to romance her again like if it was from day1. You ALREADY have a relationship with her :)
Neverr
Young scout

Post by Neverr »

Thank the lord! I was really worried about that. Good news to hear that this is the case :D
rikk42
Young scout

Post by rikk42 »

A little late to the party and not sure if this info is still valid or not, but here are my thoughts/comments:
jack1974 wrote: I've thought a lot about it, and I've come up with an idea which is a sort of compromise: instead of base game with 16 + expansion with 8, there would be two games, with 12 romances each. So in practice, two games of same size/length as Loren+expansion, hopefully to be released one in 2014 and another in 2015 (I don't know yet which engine I'm going to use, but just considering the amount of work Aleema has to do, can't be faster than that).

Plot-wise, there isn't a problem, the outline can be adapted easily, since we can have character present in party, but who for various reasons can't be romanced yet in the first game, or simply they wouldn't appear.
Plot-wise you can be adapted easily, does this mean that its the same plot just with different romance-able characters? Or 2 entirely different plots that take place during different time periods?
On a side note: could the extra romance-able options not be done as an expansion? (or several expansions?)
jack1974 wrote: I've been thinking about this all the day but, hmm I didn't find a good reason :? I mean, let's say in the first game PC romances Draco. Then in the second part Draco isn't present... why would the PC betray the poor Draco!? :cry: :cry:
I was actually just thinking the same thing... If the character I romanced in pt 1 is not in (or romance-able in )pt 2, that would mean I would have to cheat on him/her! ;_; And that would also lead to some very awkward scenes if said Partner from Pt1 were to meet me in Pt2 when I'm hanging all over a new guy/gal >_>

And then on a completely unrelated note:
What is the basic storyline of the new game?
Spoiler:
I just finished the first Loren game and from the Loren 2 artworks, I'm confused at how some of the characters are still available...Does Loren/Karen/Saren/Elenor come back from the Under-Realm? Does Loren 2 take place in a separate timeline? Did the Doctor go back in time in his Tardis and save the sacrifice from making said sacrifice? >_>
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

We decided to split the game into two big games, each one featuring all the old+new romances :)
As for your question, you didn't play the expansion Castle Of N'Mar?