camp talk poses pt1

Forum for the upcoming Loren Amazon Princess sequel
Post Reply
User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13101
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by jack1974 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Sylrissa wrote:Aww, some of us are actually into that kind of thing, and chamby was such a sexy domme witch for my Elenor :oops:
I know but I decided to make the sequel a bit more soft, and also since the main characters will be much more important than the first game... not sure, to me seems like they wouldn't want to be dominated like that again.
abnaxus wrote:Is it possible to hook up with someone else in the sequel after finishing a romance in the first game?
Yes, you can choose a starting romance or none, and then at one point of the story you can decide who to pursue (like the jealousy scenes in the first game). Of course everything is just in planning stage :)

User avatar
Sylrissa
Druid
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:56 am
Location: Australia

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by Sylrissa » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:18 pm

jack1974 wrote:
Sylrissa wrote:Aww, some of us are actually into that kind of thing, and chamby was such a sexy domme witch for my Elenor :oops:
I know but I decided to make the sequel a bit more soft, and also since the main characters will be much more important than the first game... not sure, to me seems like they wouldn't want to be dominated like that again.
I can understand that, though that is a personal choice, being dominated like that, as long as it's not against your will, can be a very important act of love and trust. plus even the most hard as nail shrewd business woman, might be submissive to her husband/wife, if no one else in the world. it is most certainly not a sign of weakness but rather something that shows much strength in the bond you share with one another. :)

But I won't push my ideals on you Jack, I'm just glad you make these games we all really enjoy!

P_Tigras
Druid
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by P_Tigras » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:14 am

Sylrissa wrote:
jack1974 wrote:Well all I can say is that this time Chamby won't use whips or other bondage material in the romance scenes :lol:
Aww, some of us are actually into that kind of thing, and chamby was such a sexy domme witch for my Elenor :oops:

Add another "Awww" to the chorus. Chamby wouldn't be quite so distinctive or edgy without the bondage material. :(
jack1974 wrote:I know but I decided to make the sequel a bit more soft, and also since the main characters will be much more important than the first game... not sure, to me seems like they wouldn't want to be dominated like that again.
Jack, weren't you the one who said not so long ago that you liked different endings, and for variety's sake some of the should be a bit "darker" than others? Why do I get the feeling you're making a compromise here in an effort to gain more mainstream acceptance? Yet I highly doubt the presence of bondage will have any negative influence on sales as long as the bondage isn't forced, and just as with yuri and yaoi romances, can build you a dedicated following of fans who are otherwise under-served.
jack1974 wrote:
abnaxus wrote:Is it possible to hook up with someone else in the sequel after finishing a romance in the first game?
Yes, you can choose a starting romance or none, and then at one point of the story you can decide who to pursue (like the jealousy scenes in the first game). Of course everything is just in planning stage :)
Say my Saren is sick of being continually abandoned by Chamby, will he be able to dump her to start a relationship back up with Loren or Myrth? or will he limited to only the new romance interests if he dumps whoever he starts the game with?

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13101
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by jack1974 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:39 am

P_Tigras wrote: Jack, weren't you the one who said not so long ago that you liked different endings, and for variety's sake some of the should be a bit "darker" than others? Why do I get the feeling you're making a compromise here in an effort to gain more mainstream acceptance? Yet I highly doubt the presence of bondage will have any negative influence on sales as long as the bondage isn't forced, and just as with yuri and yaoi romances, can build you a dedicated following of fans who are otherwise under-served.
No in this case we decided with Aleema to have the romance scenes of the existing characters be more romantic than purely "sexual". She'll be able to express it better than me, but many scenes of the first game were like "OMG YES FUCK ME HARD WE JUST MET AND ARE IN DEEP PASSION LOVE" :mrgreen: while now it should be "YES THE PASSION NATURALLY FADED OUT A BIT BUT I STILL LOVE YOU".
Something like that :lol: This doesn't apply for the new characters though.
But yes, I admit there can be a bit of influence to try to appeal a more mainstream audience, like the new full armor/clothes for the two main characters. As you said I want to experiment, but if this doesn't bring a big popularity boost I'll go back immediately to the "old standards" with next games!
P_Tigras wrote:Say my Saren is sick of being continually abandoned by Chamby, will he be able to dump her to start a relationship back up with Loren or Myrth? or will he limited to only the new romance interests if he dumps whoever he starts the game with?
Yes, you can dump previous one and start a new relationship with any other romance. At least that's the plan!

P_Tigras
Druid
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by P_Tigras » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:13 am

jack1974 wrote:
P_Tigras wrote: Jack, weren't you the one who said not so long ago that you liked different endings, and for variety's sake some of the should be a bit "darker" than others? Why do I get the feeling you're making a compromise here in an effort to gain more mainstream acceptance? Yet I highly doubt the presence of bondage will have any negative influence on sales as long as the bondage isn't forced, and just as with yuri and yaoi romances, can build you a dedicated following of fans who are otherwise under-served.
No in this case we decided with Aleema to have the romance scenes of the existing characters be more romantic than purely "sexual". She'll be able to express it better than me, but many scenes of the first game were like "OMG YES FUCK ME HARD WE JUST MET AND ARE IN DEEP PASSION LOVE" :mrgreen: while now it should be "YES THE PASSION NATURALLY FADED OUT A BIT BUT I STILL LOVE YOU".
Something like that :lol: This doesn't apply for the new characters though.
Oh hmmm...that's a bit different than what I thought you had meant. Nevertheless, even so, I can still envision Elenor wearing her little collar and laying her head affectionately on Chamby's knee while Chamby affectionately strokes her hair. The presence of a leash or whip isn't really necessary to communicate the D/s aspect of their relationship. That doesn't mean Chamby wouldn't affectionately threaten to whip or otherwise punish Elenor at times for risking her life yet again without telling Chamby and almost getting herself killed. And those are only two examples of possible interactions. In reality, there are plenty of ways to gracefully work the D/s angle of their relationship without being over the top sexual with it.
But yes, I admit there can be a bit of influence to try to appeal a more mainstream audience, like the new full armor/clothes for the two main characters. As you said I want to experiment, but if this doesn't bring a big popularity boost I'll go back immediately to the "old standards" with next games!
The fuller armor/clothes makes sense since you're hit with them from the beginning of the game, and perhaps even more importantly, in all the ads and game reviews. The game will be judged by the first few visuals it presents, as well as any additional visuals in the advertisements. If the protagonist appears to be dressed like a stripper, then that will affect how the game is perceived and judged even before it's played, greatly influencing the decision to buy or not to buy.

Let me ask you this question Jack, did adding Yaoi immediately bring a big popularity boost? Or did it take time for word of mouth to spread?
P_Tigras wrote:Say my Saren is sick of being continually abandoned by Chamby, will he be able to dump her to start a relationship back up with Loren or Myrth? or will he limited to only the new romance interests if he dumps whoever he starts the game with?
Yes, you can dump previous one and start a new relationship with any other romance. At least that's the plan!
Excellent! :)

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13101
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by jack1974 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:21 am

Well in the Elenor/Chambara scene, she still dominates Elenor (the pose is quite clear) but in a more "tender" way I think (hard for me to explain in English). So the only thing missing is the "tools" :lol: but the relationship seems still along the same lines. For Saren instead, is Chambara this time that's more "submissive". So in this case I'd imagine their relationship evolve and maybe either Saren play the dominant now or they at least take turns!

About yaoi I am not sure, but in general the game took time to spread as you said, it wasn't an immediate success for sure.

To be fair I think I got biased a bit by the comments of all the usual haters on the social stuff, youtube, blogs, and Greenlight. Remember that I commissioned the romance scenes just after SUMMER last year when the game was out only since a few months. Now I've learned to basically not give a f... anymore about what people post, what journalists think, if my games won't ever end on Steam/GoG and so on. I realized that I was struggling to be accepted while in reality I should just be making what I want to do. As you said the armor thing instead was a good move, especially since it looked very unrealistic.
Well anyway now is late to change since the drawings are all done and most of them colored already :oops: even if I guess adding a collar wouldn't be a big deal... HMM no promises but will see if I can do something :wink:
But in future will only listen to the fans/people who buy/support me and not just some stupid haters that have fun to bash indie games!

User avatar
Sylrissa
Druid
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:56 am
Location: Australia

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by Sylrissa » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:19 am

I can still envision Elenor wearing her little collar and laying her head affectionately on Chamby's knee while Chamby affectionately strokes her hair. The presence of a leash or whip isn't really necessary to communicate the D/s aspect of their relationship. That doesn't mean Chamby wouldn't affectionately threaten to whip or otherwise punish Elenor at times for risking her life yet again without telling Chamby and almost getting herself killed. And those are only two examples of possible interactions. In reality, there are plenty of ways to gracefully work the D/s angle of their relationship without being over the top sexual with it.
Well said, I fully agree, there are ways to keep their D/s relationship without it being overly sexual, as that is only a small part of it.



jack1974 wrote:Well in the Elenor/Chambara scene, she still dominates Elenor (the pose is quite clear) but in a more "tender" way I think (hard for me to explain in English). So the only thing missing is the "tools" :lol: but the relationship seems still along the same lines. For Saren instead, is Chambara this time that's more "submissive". So in this case I'd imagine their relationship evolve and maybe either Saren play the dominant now or they at least take turns!

About yaoi I am not sure, but in general the game took time to spread as you said, it wasn't an immediate success for sure.

To be fair I think I got biased a bit by the comments of all the usual haters on the social stuff, youtube, blogs, and Greenlight. Remember that I commissioned the romance scenes just after SUMMER last year when the game was out only since a few months. Now I've learned to basically not give a f... anymore about what people post, what journalists think, if my games won't ever end on Steam/GoG and so on. I realized that I was struggling to be accepted while in reality I should just be making what I want to do. As you said the armor thing instead was a good move, especially since it looked very unrealistic.
Well anyway now is late to change since the drawings are all done and most of them colored already :oops: even if I guess adding a collar wouldn't be a big deal... HMM no promises but will see if I can do something :wink:
But in future will only listen to the fans/people who buy/support me and not just some stupid haters that have fun to bash indie games!
I do want you to be more successful, with a larger playerbase, but part of the reason I'm so happy to support indie devs, is because their games are different, and have things in them, or are willing to go places AAA games are not with their publishers etc making sure they fit into the mainstream audience.

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13101
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by jack1974 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:54 am

Yeah, I must confess that it was a bit for my ego... recently many other fellow indie making VN/similar games they all got on Steam, so I'm almost the only one left (that has some decent quality games of course).
But I went indie to do what I want, not what the publisher / portals want :)

P_Tigras
Druid
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by P_Tigras » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Sylrissa wrote:Well said, I fully agree, there are ways to keep their D/s relationship without it being overly sexual, as that is only a small part of it.
Thank you most kindly. :) We are completely in accord on this.
jack1974 wrote:Well in the Elenor/Chambara scene, she still dominates Elenor (the pose is quite clear) but in a more "tender" way I think (hard for me to explain in English). So the only thing missing is the "tools" :lol: but the relationship seems still along the same lines. For Saren instead, is Chambara this time that's more "submissive". So in this case I'd imagine their relationship evolve and maybe either Saren play the dominant now or they at least take turns!
Fascinating. It's not uncommon for people to feel dominant towards one individual and submissive towards another. I always suspected that Chambara's reason for running away from Saren, but not Elenor, is because she feared her feelings for Saren more. They made her feel more out of control, and nothing scares a control freak like having submissive feelings. That would account for a lot regarding the different trajectories of her relationships with Elenor and Saren.
About yaoi I am not sure, but in general the game took time to spread as you said, it wasn't an immediate success for sure.
Not surprising. :) Yaoi is one of those things like D/s that will have its share of critics, and many of its fans may often be a bit shy about voicing their support. So it's something of a similar situation.
To be fair I think I got biased a bit by the comments of all the usual haters on the social stuff, youtube, blogs, and Greenlight. Remember that I commissioned the romance scenes just after SUMMER last year when the game was out only since a few months. Now I've learned to basically not give a f... anymore about what people post, what journalists think, if my games won't ever end on Steam/GoG and so on. I realized that I was struggling to be accepted while in reality I should just be making what I want to do. As you said the armor thing instead was a good move, especially since it looked very unrealistic.
Yep, the armor thing is definitely a big step in the right direction as far as the quest to grow your audience is concerned.
Well anyway now is late to change since the drawings are all done and most of them colored already :oops: even if I guess adding a collar wouldn't be a big deal... HMM no promises but will see if I can do something :wink:
Fun! :twisted:
But in future will only listen to the fans/people who buy/support me and not just some stupid haters that have fun to bash indie games!
Sounds good.
jack1974 wrote:Yeah, I must confess that it was a bit for my ego... recently many other fellow indie making VN/similar games they all got on Steam, so I'm almost the only one left (that has some decent quality games of course). But I went indie to do what I want, not what the publisher / portals want :)
I don't fault you for doing an analysis of why other games made it onto Steam/GoG but not yours. I'm certain you'll manage to eventually get some games added if you stay positive and continue to persevere. Loren is a very good game. It's not perfect, but no game is, not even the ones produced by large design teams at big game design studios. I can pick apart Bioware's offerings even more easily than I sometimes pick apart yours. :wink:

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13101
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by jack1974 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:27 pm

P_Tigras wrote:I can pick apart Bioware's offerings even more easily than I sometimes pick apart yours. :wink:
Thanks, I don't want to brag, but you're not the first person telling me that :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests