Features you want the most?

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: Features you want the most?

Post by yayswords »

They could keep those, but you'd need some explanation why they suck in Loren 2. Can't start the game with a best in slot item, especially not the weapon.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Lady Tarrika
Young scout

Post by Lady Tarrika »

yayswords wrote:They could keep those, but you'd need some explanation why they suck in Loren 2. Can't start the game with a best in slot item, especially not the weapon.
Given how "powerful" the hawk and ember blades were in the first loren, and how many weapons lasted me most of the game ( depending on their elemental setting ), add the fact that a powerful weapon can mean exactly nothing without the stats to back them up. If you compare the damage the hawk blade or ember blade does with Loren being low lvl or high lvl, stats do have an effect on how "powerful" an attack can be. There are different ways this could be approached.

Using the hawk blade again for example, after Loren completes the task the gods set for her in the first game, the blade itself can stop "glowing" till a point in the next game. (meaning its stats would be diminished till it glows again) Might make for an interesting plot twist or step in the story depending on how far along the writing for it is and how many chapters will be in game. :P

In any case just an idea that could be toyed with in some respects.
The Moonlight Glade supports Winter Wolves, a big thank you to the creative artists, songmakers, and story creators of Loren the Amazon Princess and Heileen Series.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

It's a good idea. I'd rather the blade has just stopped glowing per se. I wasn't a fan of how that divine champion thing played out (one of the "too romantic" things for me) and either way I don't think it should be reused even if done better. Loren could definitely keep it, and it could be called - to explain why it now sucks - I want to say Dormant Hawk/Ember Blade, but it might set the expectation it might awaken again. Perhaps Faded? Dull? Dim? Oh damn, I started using Jack adjectives! :P
Lady Tarrika
Young scout

Post by Lady Tarrika »

hmmmm The "Copperleaf" Crossbow which was Rei's Personal Quest Weapon. Given his assassin skill tree didnt seem "overpowered" to me in the slightest. Since its an heirloom belonging to his family, its only natural that he carry it, given that its a new game going off bits and peices of the old one, the crossbow doesnt have to be the "best bow" in the game, just something that Rei personally Cherishes. I found Dora to be alot more useful bow wise then Rei, but each ahd their strengths and weaknesses.

Back to "Deathknight's Two handed sword" or Zeal's Sword, Perhaps it could be something that was left behind and the orcs or someone else salvaged it. Maybe could be incorperated into the story somehow. "The Sword of Zeal : Once Held by a Deathknight this blade has a strange demonic power to it and with the death of its owner carries a strange curse which effects those who wield it." Perhaps the curse could reduce speed and such but maintain other positive attributes. :twisted:
The Moonlight Glade supports Winter Wolves, a big thank you to the creative artists, songmakers, and story creators of Loren the Amazon Princess and Heileen Series.
Legendzerox
Young scout

Post by Legendzerox »

I got some suggestions for Loren 2.

1. Crafting system of some sort
2. Alignment system. AKA good or bad
3. a better epilogue for LorenXElenore
4. Some civilization elements would be awesome. Like since the second one is gonna be about war, the ability to upgrade the arsenal of the citadel by constructing more defenses or something like that.
5. Loren, or whoever the romantic interest in the first game, asks about the backstory of the MC, and we see a glimpse of it.
etc.
gamesempie
Young scout

Post by gamesempie »

None of the personal quest items were really overpowered to me and since they all have special meaning to the characters I hope they get to keep them, besides its not like we are going to start with the whole gang back together from the start so I don't see a reason difficulty wise why they couldn't have their's already when they make their grand return.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Evil Clones/Twins? and Giants

Post by Miakoda »

Just saw the amusing bug on Roommates with Two Maxes...and you know, if you were so inclined, you could actually do something like that with a scenario for evil clones/twins/illusion casting succubi.

And some of the giant sprites...if you wish to include 'giants' that would be a relatively easy way to do it with existing art.
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

I would like to know something about the reappearance of the characters of the previous title. After all that they went through during the last adventure, I would believe that they are now somewhat close to each other and with the player character. What I wish to know is that are there going to be joyful or heartwarming moments (hugs, handshakes...) or is it going to be a simple cold greeting when player character meets them again? It could depend on the personality of the player character, of course.

Now, this might seem like pointless question, but I still wish to confirm it. I don't want to feel like after that last war these people feel hardly anything for each other.
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That of course will change based on the personality. Draco would be happy to meet everyone again, while Chambara or Mesphit might be less enthusiast or not shown it publicly (of course, ignoring a possible romance with any of them).
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

question is if anyone would be happy to meet Draco again