Art Thread [Loren 2]

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
TheDistur6edGuy
Young scout

Re: Art Thread [Loren 2]

Post by TheDistur6edGuy »

What angers me is the fact that there are people, who haven't even heard of Loren: The Amazon Princess, and they're going to come here in a year or so, play the game, and by that point, Loren 2 will already be out.

They won't have to understand the PAIN, the EXCRUCIATING PAIN! OF WAITING! OVER THREE YEARS FOR THIS SEQUEL!
Drowning deep in my sea of loathing... Broken your servant I kneel... Will you give into me?
:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

TheDistur6edGuy wrote:What angers me is the fact that there are people, who haven't even heard of Loren: The Amazon Princess, and they're going to come here in a year or so, play the game, and by that point, Loren 2 will already be out.

They won't have to understand the PAIN, the EXCRUCIATING PAIN! OF WAITING! OVER THREE YEARS FOR THIS SEQUEL!
I would give you a like or a +1, but alas I can not. But fret not I sit here with you waiting with baited breath for Loren 2 pt 1....and pt 2 a game so big it had to be split in two....So it will be for six years I shall keep you company.....I hope you brought something to eat? XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha people wanted 8+ romances each part! See that's what you get :wink:
Anyway, I think some of the games that are / will be out in the meanwhile are worth the wait :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

TheDistur6edGuy wrote:What angers me is the fact that there are people, who haven't even heard of Loren: The Amazon Princess, and they're going to come here in a year or so, play the game, and by that point, Loren 2 will already be out.

Get them addicted to Planet Stronghold 1, so they can experience the excruciating pain of waiting over six years for the sequel. :P
TheDistur6edGuy
Young scout

Post by TheDistur6edGuy »

Pace675 wrote: I would give you a like or a +1, but alas I can not. But fret not I sit here with you waiting with baited breath for Loren 2 pt 1....and pt 2 a game so big it had to be split in two....So it will be for six years I shall keep you company.....I hope you brought something to eat? XD
I shall be feasting on my dark, brooding thoughts...
Drowning deep in my sea of loathing... Broken your servant I kneel... Will you give into me?
:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

...I just came back after wandering away for like... three years? Kinda surprised there isn't already a sequel. Huh.

...Also, sad that the art is gone...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

People ask for 500 romances! those are the consequences :lol:
Jokes apart I honestly don't think the game will be out before the next 3-4 years.
Binku_Muja
Young scout

Post by Binku_Muja »

Aronco wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:36 am I think some of the class outfits are way too cosplay-ish, especially the Elenor ones... looks more like halloween costumes than clothing/armor.
Agreed. They look really out of place. Are there more class specific ones or realistic clothing choices that don't look so...jarring?
SirSlothMan
Young scout

Post by SirSlothMan »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:54 am People ask for 500 romances! those are the consequences :lol:
Jokes apart I honestly don't think the game will be out before the next 3-4 years.
So why is that the case, i'm generally curious. Is it just a big game, is it burn out or is it that your too busy with other games? If it were the ladders case personally i'd rather go 2 years without any game if that meant Loren 2 finally being released and i've seen others express the same.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's the same old story, posted several times in my blog in the past. But in short:
1. Start new game
2. Writer disappears/can't go on/etc
3. back to point 1 with a new writer. Maybe new writer keeps old text, in other cases restarts from scratch

it's the infamous "endless loop of burnout" :lol: And note that this doesn't mean that's the writers fault - there are a lot of things that can happen in life, and while doing the games is my job, for them it's more like a hobby/second job/extra money. While some are really committed, I cannot expect they will all be, considering all the bad things that can happen in life.

So, I recently came to the only solution possible: that is to write them myself and use an editor. Because of this now I'm more confident the game will actually be finished in the next years (after Cursed Lands and Planet Stronghold 2 I'll work on Loren 2).

But yes, in this specific case, it's also a big game, I think doing it will be my biggest mistake since I started being indie (even if it's good people will complain anyway, pressure, stress, etc etc). But now it's too late to cancel it with all the art/money invested, so... I'll do my best as always to finish it and make a good game as much as I can :)