Loren: The Sequel

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
Grodul
Young scout

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by Grodul »

jack1974 wrote:Yes especially as you still get the Steam key even if you buy direct, so you don't lose anything :)
Now that's an interesting practice. Where can I find more info about it? And what does Steam get out it for itself? Apart from advertising.
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Is a common practice: Steam THE GIANT doesn't care if us minuscule indies sell a small amount of games on our own, so they give out free keys as much as we want, and allow us to give them away. So I simply include them in the email receipt for the games that are on Steam obviously (right now only Loren). And will be able to include them also if more of my games get there.
So in practice if you like a game you can just buy it from me and play it early, knowing that if/when it gets on Steam you'll have it for free there.
MaiKEN
Young scout

Post by MaiKEN »

So,i wonder,is there any way to sign up for some beta testing?
Oh,by the way,discovered u guys quite recently(one of the disadvantages of living in Russia)but already supporting u from the bottom of my heart (and purse))))
Anyway, wish u good luck and more inspiration for upcoming and ongoing projects))
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

All my beta are open, a sort of preorders with "early access". You can know when it begins following me on the various social network or reading my blog since I will mention it there of course :)
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

I would appreciate it if someone would explain to me what is involved to downloading a game from Winter Wolves' site. More precisely: If I want to download a game I have already bought to a new computer, and I already have it on my old computer, how does the system know it is me? How do I know that I do not have to buy the same game twice. Does it require a log in? (like Fraps and Minecraft do) I am certain that Winter Wolves is a customer friendly company, but I wish to know how it works so that I can advertise it to my friends. If this information exists somewhere, I do not know its location. :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I assume you never bought any game from me before? otherwise, is clearly explained in the email receipt you get! :lol:
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

jack1974 wrote:I assume you never bought any game from me before? otherwise, is clearly explained in the email receipt you get! :lol:
Yes, it's true. :? But that is only so because I never knew of you guys before. Not before Loren, and I found that by Steam. Just so you know.
That email thing was what I needed. Thanks.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No problem, I'll add the info in the support page as well. I thought was normal, since other indies use various system (like fullversion download) so there isn't a fixed standard, but is true that doesn't hurt to add a paragraph about it :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So today, 21st April, MrEnvy8 began the sequel to Loren's saga! 8)
Here's a quick excerpt if you begin the game with Loren as past romance:
"Loren stood at the ready, her blade outstretched. It was exactly the way [pname] loved her best. Fierce, strong, in complete command; and smiling the smile she only showed to [him]."
"It was the smile that promised a hard battle, and fiercer passion. [pname]'s own weapon was out, his breathing was heavy. Loren had taken their last three bouts, but [pname] had a good feeling about this time."
(is just the first draft, not proofread yet of course). I've already began to motivate him to write new stuff because I PERSONALLY want to read more. Even if I know the plot and I am full of spoilers! :mrgreen:
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

These are great news! Let us all cheer MrEnvy8 on! Aim high and write well!