Loren: The Sequel

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
Asonder
Young scout

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by Asonder »

While I'm sad to hear that Aleema will not be returning as the main writer (hope your personal stuff works out!), I am very optimistic about MrEnvy8 as the new writer. It'll be a pretty big jump, but I loved his work on Roommates...he writes great sass :mrgreen:
All hail Rei's booty.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I need to antagonize the new writer too, so I'll be quick to say you suck without having read a word you've written except that post just now. Actually, I am not sure you can say "I just accepted last night"; you can say "I just accepted", if you indeed very recently accepted, and the same story for last night ("I accepted last night"). But saying you just accepted last night either means you want to waste words to needlessly emphasize that last night is indeed recent, or you mean "just" as in "without much thought", as in a careless agreement. In the latter case, you will come to regret it and pull an "Oh shit I have to leave, forgot I left a salad in the oven" quit on us. So which is it? Are you incompetent or reckless? Huh???

If you're into AD&D, does that mean I can use endless Baldur's Gate examples in future reprimands feedback?
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol when I first read the post thought you were serious and wondered "WTF?" :lol: then I read your signature and remembered you were the one to say that Jul's butt is flat, so I'm assuming that everything you post is a joke! :wink:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Of course I was joking, I just can't resist nitpicking a writer :P

But if you assume everything I post is a joke, especially that part about Jul, then I don't know what to say. That was genuine feedback. As in, come to my town and I'll say it to your face, and then I'll take you to my gym and show you some quality booty. In fact, you better start taking me seriously on this point, or I'll take a photo of my own behind and repost it until you ban me.

Okay, not that far, but it is genuine feedback.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think we should make a poll: Is Jul's butt flat? :lol: jokes apart, I still think she was fine, maybe not brazilian butt but not that bad either :mrgreen:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

It is a bad angle on Jul, but my verdict stays the same every time I see it.

Looking through some footage, Elenor is even worse than Jul. Loren is borderline acceptable, but the fanservice in other regards rarely settles for borderline acceptable.

Anyway, I don't believe the thread was supposed to be about this :)
Grodul
Young scout

Post by Grodul »

I wish to inquire: Was Mr. Envy8 involved in the creation of Loren the Amazon Princess in any way? I have not followed the forum of the past game, so I wouldn't know. Furthermore, in addition to the story did Aleema also write the dialogues between characters and the narrative throughout the game. I have not played the game Roommates, so I am not familiar with Mr. Envy8s work or its quality.

I'm asking because after the change of the writer the spirit/nature of the things we see and read might be different from before, if the new writer does not know the characters or us that well. I'm refering to how things are relaid to us and to what details are brought up. We (the audience) yearn certain elements, which may not be in the upcoming sequel. But the game might also include new things that we welcome.

I guess the core worry I'm struggling with is: After the change of writer, what else is going to change?

I am not trying to discredit Mr. Envy8 in any way. I wish him strength, passion and patience in his quest to deliever us a wonderful story, which we would remember with warm hearts. And I wish Aleema best with her own business.
"Now, hold on a minute. I'm currently speculating."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

He is currently checking out Loren, getting familiar with all the stuff, and so on. However, I was behind Loren, so was Anima (the coder, who also does gameplay suggestions). And Aleema isn't like disappeared from Earth, she said will gladly offer input to the writer and/or brainstorm ideas.
So in practice the only thing that will change is the writing, since luckily I already have all the art done :)
And as I said already about the writing, while of course the style will be different, I really have no doubts about the quality. For Roommates, I never got so many praises on writing for a dating sim like... ever! Roommates is out (and not even officially, just in beta!) only since 15 days and could be already considered a success (I'm always cautious to say such things because I've seen many things in my indie career).

Besides Mr Envy was supposed to write Undead Lily which was another RPG, so is not like I wasn't already planning to have him write a RPG. He will just write another one :)

Summary: yes is going to be different. Will there also be changes on gameplay, on battles, there might be recipes/crafting, etc etc. But you can stay sure that the core thing of the first game: the romances, the characters, and so on are in good hands. The story will also be more original (not Aleema's fault, she wrote based on my plot) and I invested much more resources on it. So you can stay sure that we'll do our best to make a good sequel :wink:
Lady Tarrika
Young scout

Post by Lady Tarrika »

I quite enjoyed the first loren so its abit disappointing to see that it will be written by someone else. But will see how things go, i havent played or tried roommates so will see what happens as the development of loren 2 progresses. ( i also am not discrediting the new writer in the slightest, its just hard to really get into a game these days, like i have for Loren and Heileen 3.)

The art is looking good so far.. and i pray the music will be as excellent as the orginal one's was.

Mr Envy i have high expectations of you! :wink:
The Moonlight Glade supports Winter Wolves, a big thank you to the creative artists, songmakers, and story creators of Loren the Amazon Princess and Heileen Series.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Add me to the list of fanboys who like the writing of MrEnvy8 in Roommates. :)

It won't be easy to take over Loren, with all the lore already developed and the player expectations and everything, but MrEnvy8 has shown a lot of qualities. His funny scenes are among the loudest LOLs I uttered, and the romances are just sweet. Some parts may be new for him, but what would be life without a bit of challenge? :mrgreen: He will manage, against all difficulties.

Anyway, it seems like Undead Lily will be delayed. Or will a new writer take over Lily?