In a hypothetical sequel...

Forum for the upcoming Loren Amazon Princess sequel

Where it should take place an hypothetical sequel?

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: In a hypothetical sequel...

Post by jack1974 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Well no Karen doesn't necessarily die :mrgreen: But you're right, there should be some balancing between the kind of romances you can continue in the sequel. Hmm more brainstorming to do.. arghh :lol:

Clark Soulburn
Young scout

Post by Clark Soulburn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:34 pm

I don't want to ruin the fun but if I'm not mistaken a more dire question - at least to me - wasn't asked yet.
Spoiler:
How will the sequel deal with the fact that either Loren, Karen or the main character (be it Saren or Elenor) did die? Dependent on Player choice! And I sure would hate it if they would return from their chosen death! For it would render the sacrifice meaningless.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Just wait until the expansion is out and that question will be answered :wink:

josipa24
Young scout

Post by josipa24 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Clark Soulburn wrote:I don't want to ruin the fun but if I'm not mistaken a more dire question - at least to me - wasn't asked yet.
Spoiler:
How will the sequel deal with the fact that either Loren, Karen or the main character (be it Saren or Elenor) did die? Dependent on Player choice! And I sure would hate it if they would return from their chosen death! For it would render the sacrifice meaningless.
And here's where I apparently missunderstood. I could swear I read somewhere that
Spoiler:
Karen would be the canon sacrifice.
Edit: Oh, and btw Jack, is the expansion still coming out on the 15th? :)

DoctorMario911
Young scout

Post by DoctorMario911 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:26 pm

I dont get what canon means. I see people use that word alot

ArgleBargle
Young scout

Post by ArgleBargle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Canon when it comes to media is "What actually happened". It comes up a lot in video games where there are different choices, outcomes, and endings the player can pick. Sequels to those games usually don't have the time and money (or often the desire) to code and write a game that takes into account everything the player could do in the previous game, so they pick certain outcomes to be what they want to work with and base it off that.

For example, in the Knights of the Old Republic game, the player could be male or female, lightside or darkside. In the sequel, KOTOR 2, the player again has those options. After that though, it was decided that for all future games and media the KOTOR 1 protagonist was a lightside male and the KOTOR 2 protagonist was a lightside female, so now in books and in the star wars MMO you run into those characters.

There's also retcons, which is people going back and saying that something that actually happened (or didn't) now actually didn't happen (or did). Again, Star Wars, newer editions of the movies famously went back and changed a scene where Han shot Greedo into a scene where Greedo shot at Han first but missed, Lucas felt that the original scene made Han into too much of a murder. For the Old Republic games, most of the characters and plot of KOTOR 2 got retconned by Bioware and they killed off the KOTOR 2 player character.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 pm

josipa24 wrote: Edit: Oh, and btw Jack, is the expansion still coming out on the 15th? :)
Yes I originally thought to do that. But that was before Aleema said would be OK to write a custom intro for all romances, so... nobody dies in the first game :wink:
About the date well there's still some scripting left but I think could be possible. Is really a matter of finishing touches, if I had to give a completion percentage right now is 98-99% 8)

DoctorMario911
Young scout

Post by DoctorMario911 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Ah that makes more sense. Thank you for explaining it arglebargle.
Sweet i thought the expansion coming out at the end of august but this way better.

Lilly hime
Young scout

Post by Lilly hime » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:22 am

jack1974 wrote:
josipa24 wrote: Edit: Oh, and btw Jack, is the expansion still coming out on the 15th? :)
Yes I originally thought to do that. But that was before Aleema said would be OK to write a custom intro for all romances, so... nobody dies in the first game :wink:
About the date well there's still some scripting left but I think could be possible. Is really a matter of finishing touches, if I had to give a completion percentage right now is 98-99% 8)
I wanna play it now. *rolls around*

wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:48 am

jack1974 wrote:About the date well there's still some scripting left but I think could be possible. Is really a matter of finishing touches, if I had to give a completion percentage right now is 98-99% 8)
*get's out the whip*
This is for your and our own good XD