In a hypothetical sequel...

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games

Where it should take place an hypothetical sequel?

You may select 1 option

View results

Aleema
Official writer

Re: In a hypothetical sequel...

Post by Aleema »

I guess you could do, old characters cannot be romanced unless you pick them for being romanced from the first game, that would eliminate some writing since there'd only be a need to write continuations for the old characters.
I think that's what we're deciding to do. I'm glad I spoke up about this when I did, so we could sort this out. So if you want to "fall in love" with any of the old romance options, they're available in the other game. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ArgleBargle wrote: Times like this, I'm glad all I have to do is sit back and buy the games
Heh, definitely! :mrgreen: But no we don't want to repeat the same romances in the sequel, that's what Aleema was talking about. Can't have the same scenes (even with different texts) both in 1st and 2nd game. So the romance would be possible only with ONE character each playthrough (the one you choose at the beginning). This approach has his own problem though: it would mean that to romance all the previous characters, you would have to begin the game several times, one for each, so... not sure it's a good solution either.
I think will first have the artist draw the romances with new characters to take time while I still think about it :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Aleema wrote:
I guess you could do, old characters cannot be romanced unless you pick them for being romanced from the first game, that would eliminate some writing since there'd only be a need to write continuations for the old characters.
I think that's what we're deciding to do. I'm glad I spoke up about this when I did, so we could sort this out. So if you want to "fall in love" with any of the old romance options, they're available in the other game. :)
Yeah, I'm more and more thinking to just have full NEW roster of characters regarding romance. Probably the best solution for players and for us too since less headache :lol: Old ones could still be present (for variety and gameplay) but not be allowed to romance them anymore :)
DoctorMario911
Young scout

Post by DoctorMario911 »

Oh i see what you guys are talking about... Man im a slow poke. Just to make sure, are you guys saying that you dont want to repeat the love endings with that character u romanced with in the first one?

If im right then im just wondering if i continue my relationship without messing with the ending if that possible. Like that custom intro you said earlier.
wildcard
Young scout

Post by wildcard »

jack1974 wrote:This approach has his own problem though: it would mean that to romance all the previous characters, you would have to begin the game several times, one for each, so... not sure it's a good solution either.
... So? *has played Loren from start to end 7+ times*
You are not supposed to cheat anyway!
XD

Personally I wouldn't mind that.
If you want to continue the relationship of 'old' you can only date this one character.
If you want something 'new' you play without picking a romance from the first game and can go for someone else.
I do hope thought in the sequel there will be character quests from the start, so you can get to know the new guys better without having to romance them.

Also I'd find it weird if you played Elenor and had Rei's ending and then would pick him out just to break up with him and go for someone else given their romance ending...
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

wildcard wrote:
jack1974 wrote:This approach has his own problem though: it would mean that to romance all the previous characters, you would have to begin the game several times, one for each, so... not sure it's a good solution either.
XD

If you want to continue the relationship of 'old' you can only date this one character.
If you want something 'new' you play without picking a romance from the first game and can go for someone else.
I do hope thought in the sequel there will be character quests from the start, so you can get to know the new guys better without having to romance them.

Also I'd find it weird if you played Elenor and had Rei's ending and then would pick him out just to break up with him and go for someone else given their romance ending...
I'm in the same boat, I tend to play these types of games over and over again anyways, any with romance options really. Be it your games Jack, or AAA's like Mass effect, as I don't want my characters to cheat on their LI.
but maybe i'm in the minority for enjoying that?
Nightsnow
Young scout

Post by Nightsnow »

Sylrissa wrote:
wildcard wrote:
XD

I'm in the same boat, I tend to play these types of games over and over again anyways, any with romance options really. Be it your games Jack, or AAA's like Mass effect, as I don't want my characters to cheat on their LI.
but maybe i'm in the minority for enjoying that?
I cannot believe I made an account just to say something to this... Eh... hi :oops:

Anyway, I don't think that you can make a solution that does not have a weakness and I'll third the other two posters above me and say 'So what?'.
Have some reason to start over is not necessarily a bad thing, besides if it is also made in ren'py (which I of course don't know) skip + and easy option will make replaying the game fast enough that it doesn't become a core.

I really think the option of picking one romance in the start as the only option for continouing the old romances are the best. It is certainly better than the you have broken up and now start over solution, because that solution is a bit akward.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

DoctorMario911 wrote:Oh i see what you guys are talking about... Man im a slow poke. Just to make sure, are you guys saying that you dont want to repeat the love endings with that character u romanced with in the first one?
No not the endings, but the beginning of romance. I mean for example the whole Myrth courting by Saren. It would be pointless (and boring) to repeat that in the sequel IF the player doesn't choose to continue her romance. Each old character would get a new development of their relationship and a new final image (so you can see more of Rei's features :mrgreen: maybe this time he'll be more careful where he exposes his assets! lol)

Cool though that lots of people won't mind to start the game several times to play all the romances :lol: worse case I guess I could put a cheat mode to change it later in the game...
I think will adopt this system then. I checked and I kept Amukiki, Rei, Myrth & Draco of the first game, while Loren for plot reasons won't be romanceable (at least this is the current idea, anything can still change) and neither Mesphit / Chambara but could come later.
My new idea would be to do that for the sequel, and then if everything goes well I was thinking to do an expansion but that continues the story (but not a full game) so in that expansion could add those 3 characters (Loren / Mesphit / Chambara). As excuse for not being able to romance them in the main game, is that they are all far away for a reason or another so the player can't live the story with them. Then, they come back and player can choose what to do. Hmm is going to be a headache anyway :mrgreen:
wildcard wrote:Also I'd find it weird if you played Elenor and had Rei's ending and then would pick him out just to break up with him and go for someone else given their romance ending...
Don't worry, us evil writers can always add a very dramatic event that will force the player to pick a stance, allowing him/her to break up with anyone! :wink:
DoctorMario911
Young scout

Post by DoctorMario911 »

Hmm im wrong yet again ... But i dont get one thing. I dont aee why we cant just continue the relationship from the first one. Not earning hearts again. We just see them do what normal couples do. But your the writer sooo u knows what best for the game
josipa24
Young scout

Post by josipa24 »

So, if I understood this correctly...You can continue a romance with 'old' characters in the sequel, but you can't start a new one wih them. And if you do choose to continue the old romance at the beginning of the game, you can still break up with your lover later and start a new romance with a new character, right?
I actually really like this idea, except for this part...
jack1974 wrote:I checked and I kept Amukiki, Rei, Myrth & Draco of the first game, while Loren for plot reasons won't be romanceable (at least this is the current idea, anything can still change) and neither Mesphit / Chambara but could come later.
This would mean no continuing GxG at all. Karen dies, and Loren and Chambara are away for the duration :cry: