the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post Reply
User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13420
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by jack1974 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:41 pm

P_Tigras wrote: Maybe Jack and I can work something out. We'll see what he wants to do. :wink:
Well if you make this "mod", I can say that in the worst case you'll be allowed to distribute it legally with my permission (it could be done just by replacing a file) but maybe (if time allows, as you know I'm always busy...) I could even try to find a way to enable this optional version in the game itself, without any need to mess with the files :mrgreen:

Madance
Druid
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by Madance » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Well, Jack, I wish Amber could refuse(during the scene) to be part of the threesome, since this option isn't in the game. The only way to terminate the romance is either to disable it completely at the start of the adult part or to cancel it when the "choose whose character you are going to breakup with" window appears. However, this game window is sorta troublesome since it automatically treats the relationship with the character as if Amber was dating them, which isn't the case with most in game situations. Example, if you choose to break up with Lynn as soon as this in game window appears, Amber will treat/say to her that they were dating for some time but she was interested in someone else and because of this, she need to break up. HOWEVER, they aren't at a point in the romance where they are involved with each other, they are still just friends.
What I mean to say is that this window isn't in par with the rest of the story, since it assumes too much regarding Amber's relationship with the character that is being dumped.
I hope I explained what I'm trying to say, since its complicated to put it in words...

P_Tigras
Druid
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by P_Tigras » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:40 pm

jack1974 wrote:
P_Tigras wrote: Maybe Jack and I can work something out. We'll see what he wants to do. :wink:
Well if you make this "mod", I can say that in the worst case you'll be allowed to distribute it legally with my permission (it could be done just by replacing a file)
Thank you. While dropping in a replacement cosmina.rpyc file into the plot directory would be easiest, I fear that walking the non-technically savvy through the replacement would turn into a major support headache as there's always someone who botches it up even with the best documentation possible.
but maybe (if time allows, as you know I'm always busy...) I could even try to find a way to enable this optional version in the game itself, without any need to mess with the files :mrgreen:
Having it included in the game would most definitely be optimal. So I hope so. Nevertheless I'm reading between the lines here that you're reserving the right not to include my edits if they don't meet your quality standards. And that's absolutely fine and no less than I'd expect. Having said that, assuming I do write this thing, I'd expect you to at least take a good look at it once completed and consider including it. It would be much more straightforward for me to simply send you a replacement for the cosmina rpy game file than it would be to turn it into a separately downloadable mod with a cross-platform installation script.
SimonStardust wrote:(Note to myself: Don't start proofreading Cosmina's route just yet.)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Cosmina+Reed path won't be changing, and I know there are still a handful of minor typo's left in the existing path as I recall encountering them in my read-through. So feel free to post your list. I'll include your fixes in what I send Jack. Or if Jack gets around to adding them first I can always diff his newer file against the original I worked from, and then patch my end so he doesn't need to do it twice. Regardless, I can make it work either way. Thanks for being considerate though.

KagenNoTsuki
Young scout
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:55 am

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by KagenNoTsuki » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:30 am

P_Tigras wrote:
jack1974 wrote:
P_Tigras wrote: Maybe Jack and I can work something out. We'll see what he wants to do. :wink:
Well if you make this "mod", I can say that in the worst case you'll be allowed to distribute it legally with my permission (it could be done just by replacing a file)
LOL. Given that Ren'Py is an entirely new programming platform for me, I'm unable to put a finger on just how much additional time I'd need to figure out how to make Ren'Py -safely- patch an existing game installation and test the result to my satisfaction, assuming that's within its capabilities. I'd need to dig into Ren'Py farther than I have so far. And if it isn't within Ren'Py's capabilities, I'd need to find some other cross-platform solution. It might well take me just as much time or even longer than the edits to the cosmina rpy game file. For Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age it was all part of the toolset.
but maybe (if time allows, as you know I'm always busy...) I could even try to find a way to enable this optional version in the game itself, without any need to mess with the files :mrgreen:
Having it included in the game if the player chooses Yuri would most definitely be optimal. Nevertheless I'm reading between the lines here that you're reserving the right not to include my edits if they don't meet your quality standards. And that's absolutely fine and no less than I'd expect. Having said that, assuming I do write this thing, I'd expect you to at least take a good look at it once completed and consider including it. It would be much more straightforward for me to simply send you a replacement for the cosmina rpy game file than it would be to turn it into a full blown mod that is separately downloaded.
SimonStardust wrote:(Note to myself: Don't start proofreading Cosmina's route just yet.)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Cosmina+Reed path won't be changing, and I know there are still a handful of minor typo's left in the existing path as I recall encountering them in my read-through. So feel free to post your list. I'll include your fixes in what I send Jack. Or if Jack gets around to adding them first I can always diff his newer file against the original I worked from, and then patch my end so he doesn't need to do it twice. Regardless, I can make it work either way. Thanks for being considerate though.
As a longtime lurker, I feel there would be no better first post than to say that if you actually do this THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

User avatar
jack1974
Pack leader
Posts: 13420
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by jack1974 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:57 am

P_Tigras wrote: Having it included in the game would most definitely be optimal. So I hope so. Nevertheless I'm reading between the lines here that you're reserving the right not to include my edits if they don't meet your quality standards. And that's absolutely fine and no less than I'd expect. Having said that, assuming I do write this thing, I'd expect you to at least take a good look at it once completed and consider including it. It would be much more straightforward for me to simply send you a replacement for the cosmina rpy game file than it would be to turn it into a separately downloadable mod with a cross-platform installation script.
Yes if you write it, I'll read it for sure! I'll maybe show it to some writer friends for a second opinion like I usually do (since I'm not a native speaker). But for sure you wouldn't write it for nothing, no worries :) thanks!

User avatar
SimonStardust
Young scout
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by SimonStardust » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:29 am

P_Tigras wrote:
SimonStardust wrote:(Note to myself: Don't start proofreading Cosmina's route just yet.)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Cosmina+Reed path won't be changing, and I know there are still a handful of minor typo's left in the existing path as I recall encountering them in my read-through. So feel free to post your list. I'll include your fixes in what I send Jack. Or if Jack gets around to adding them first I can always diff his newer file against the original I worked from, and then patch my end so he doesn't need to do it twice. Regardless, I can make it work either way. Thanks for being considerate though.
That's a relief to hear. Although I am going to do Ruby first anyway.
Won't be necessary to post the list as Jack sent me the files to proofread directly. ^^
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD

P_Tigras
Druid
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by P_Tigras » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:50 pm

jack1974 wrote:
P_Tigras wrote: Having it included in the game would most definitely be optimal. So I hope so. Nevertheless I'm reading between the lines here that you're reserving the right not to include my edits if they don't meet your quality standards. And that's absolutely fine and no less than I'd expect. Having said that, assuming I do write this thing, I'd expect you to at least take a good look at it once completed and consider including it. It would be much more straightforward for me to simply send you a replacement for the cosmina rpy game file than it would be to turn it into a separately downloadable mod with a cross-platform installation script.
Yes if you write it, I'll read it for sure! I'll maybe show it to some writer friends for a second opinion like I usually do (since I'm not a native speaker). But for sure you wouldn't write it for nothing, no worries :) thanks!
Sounds great! I probably won't be able to put any real time in it until the weekend, but this should be fun. We'll see how accurate my time estimate ends up being. :mrgreen:

Madance & KagenNoTsuki: I do very much appreciate your kind words and your excitement validates my effort. :yes:

Madance
Druid
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by Madance » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:19 pm

I'm the one that should be thankful! Goodness, I wish I was a natural english speaker or a programmer savvy so i could give at least some help, unfortunately, this isn't so T_______T
The only thing i can do... Is support the game/mods/related content and of course, make all kinds of fanfics and fancomics based on them(I swear, Amber is the Winter Wolves game with more possibilities of a fan comic adaptation, there so much ways that the story and the characters can evolve!)

KagenNoTsuki
Young scout
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:55 am

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by KagenNoTsuki » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:29 am

P_Tigras wrote:
jack1974 wrote:
P_Tigras wrote:Madance & KagenNoTsuki: I do very much appreciate your kind words and your excitement validates my effort. :yes:
No, thank YOU for doing something like this just so losers like me can get more of their Yuri fix lol

Beardy Bro
Young scout
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by Beardy Bro » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:41 am

just make next game yuri harem and we'll call it even :gamer:

Post Reply