the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
Madance
Druid

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by Madance »

Well, I must say that I have played and concluded tge Cosmina and Reed path(all the 4 emdings)... I must say: it was beautiful.
I regret the way I mispoke about it. I had personal issues with it, but I played through those romances paths and found that they are emotional and equally profound as any other. As an Yuri player, I was disapointed that the romance was wrongly labed and was pissed, but to be fair, is not common to have an interesting game such as this.
What I meant to say is, while poly is not really my thing, I'm glad it was done and the story was beautiful, I hope to those that always wanted this in one of your games are happy, since it was really emotional.
While I would love to have a option to have a romance path(much like Lynn's) that would permit to have Cosmina to only be with Amber, is not like I can't imagine that this hasn't happened(fanfics are our friends right xD). I felt that the Cosmina and Reed path(together with Ruby's) was the most emotional romance.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Me right now:
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Having read through the Cosmina/Reed first and then Ruby, I have to say that the Ruby romance scenes felt a bit short in comparison, with less than half the text of Cosmina/Reed. As for Cosmina/Reed, as much as I liked the depth of the romance, I didn't find it very believable that both of them would have been able to go over 4 years without a match after the bargain they made with their family. The odds that their family would find no matches for both of the royals, let alone one or the other, strikes me as non-existent.

The private wedding for the King's heir (ie. Cosmina) at the end, following Reed and Amber's public wedding, also made me shake my head. To make Cosmina the third wheel seemed highly disrespectful of Cosmina's station as the future ruler of Icesilia, and I couldn't believe that her father agreed to it in the light+ ending. It puts into question the legitimacy of the future queen's marriage and any children she produces while doing nothing to stop tongues from wagging. A double public wedding would have been better, and if that wasn't acceptable, then the public marriage should have been between Cosmina and Reed, with Amber marrying them privately, as the other two are of much higher station and more suitable public matches for each other. I don't see why her father the King was so short-sighted as to open up a huge can of worms regarding the legitimacy of the future Queen Regnant's marriage to Reed and Amber just to make things easier in the short term, unless he was intentionally making it easier for Cosmina to annul the marriage later after she grew tired of it.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

I think you have a lot of points,I mean... MAYBE the initial idea(at least this os the vibe I've got by seing the romance cg art but I could be mistaken) was to make 4 endings. One where Amber get together with only Reed(Light Plus), other with both of them(MAYBE Light), other with only Cosmina(Dark) and one with no one(Dark Plus). However, since is a Poly romance, they decided to change, but still used the same CG's.

Now, let's talk about it story wise...
Spoiler:
I think the king(I wish I knew their names so i can make a proper fanfic, but whatever)let Amber to marry both of Reed and Cosmina out of pure amusement. He was too shocked with the fact that the Panacea actually worked to bother with the long consequences of this kind of marriage, and let's not forget that while Cosmina and Reed aren't directly related as a brother and sister, they probably are cousins(Since they are so alike, I would say first or second cousins); so depending on how the kindow views this kind of relation, it might be better to have a marriage between a Dark Elf and the prince than one between two cousins. After all, in the middle ages, this kind of thing was pretty common between most of the royalty, with a few exceptions to the rules.
Regardless, what matters is, he might have thought that making the marriage between the prince and Amber not only he was paying the life debt that he owned to her, but also silencing his daughter and nephew insistent marriage request, giving another kind of gossip to the nobles to focus, giving a good image for Icesilia as a tolerant nation and lastly, giving the oportunity to call off whatever issues the prince and princess might have with Amber at a later date without any trouble.
Another thing, let's not forget that the marriages were between Amber and Reed(public marriage) and Reed and Cosmina. There never wasn't one between Cosmina and Amber, and the dialog in the party while they were dancing, Amber ask if it she really wanted to dance with her, since people might find it troublesome. I don't know how they see LGBT's in Aravorn in general, but there might be some prejudice there...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Spoiler:
In general Aravorn is quite LGBT friendly, however there could be some exceptions, like specific places/countries, races or even single people (like the King in question) :)
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Spoiler:
Jack! I have a suggestion! Make a Yuri/Yaoi game in a place like this!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You mean a yuri/yaoi game in a place which is not LGBT friendly? I am not sure it's a good idea or if players would like that... :)
Of course I know that you didn't mean "seriously anti LGBT", but maybe like forbidden love stories and such. Still not sure that people might like it.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Well, it would be POLEMIC and quite a forbbidden story. I don't know about the others, but a story that the character was forced into marriage against their will(since the family suspected they were LGBT) and during the game, the player ended changing the laws of the nation so it become more tolerant(not only to LGBT'S, but to all minoritys and races). I think it would be bold, adult and serious, I thinks a lot of LGBT's would understand(since we live with a society that avoid even talking about it) and the fact the player would be responsible for changing an entire nation full of prejudice would give us hope that one day, the world will change like this.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I see, it's an interesting idea. But needs to be written and planned well or I think could backfire :lol:
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Ok course! I suggest making a pool so others might vote on this. Maybe even talking with some LGBT players on the foruns to gather opinions