Amber Full Beta 1.0.1

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.7.9

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, I haven't tested the pin-ups images indeed. The fact that you played in VN Mode shouldn't matter at all for this bug.
I'll check this today, and also I noticed that I don't play the breakup scenes at all! I only added the "choose who to break up with" screen, but then the corresponding breakup scene never plays :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.8.0

Post by jack1974 »

Uploaded the new version, all endings should work and should be possible to replay them from the achievement screen :)
Regarding Anders/Reed name:
Spoiler:
it's correct, since in a scene on Lair's path who plays before, it's discovered who Cosa and Anders really are, and their real names. Since those scenes must always be played no matter which romance you choose, it's not a mistake. Probably you just didn't notice :)
DarcieCobalt
Young scout

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.7.9

Post by DarcieCobalt »

jack1974 wrote:Thanks, indeed is really a big game :) As for the bug, I think it happened when I removed "a duplicate introduction" of Anders/Reed about a week ago. I can't see your screenshot though, maybe you linked them badly ? thanks
Hi Jack,

I turned the images into urls, hopefully the links do work. I looked it up, apparently my computer has a security lock that doesn't allow Imgur to directly link their images. I'll work on that later. For now I'm gonna enjoy the game a bit more.
It hurts because I hit something important <3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I managed to see them and fixed the typos you reported! :) thanks
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

So. It looks like the office in the magic shop that gives you 15% discount at market/docks also means you sell all your items at a 15% loss there. That doesn't really make sense.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ahh crap lol. Yes because you can only set global price variations, not a discount vendor to player :oops:
I'm not sure if this can be changed now, should ask Anima, or maybe simply have another bonus from the office. Originally had planned to allow access to a traveling merchant accessible only through it (selling a variety of stuff cheaper). Might still do that :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

(I also have a 5% discount for the Mages Guild for something that happened at some point? Same problem.)

When leveling up, it says that your crafting skills can go to (10xlevel), but I can increase them to more than that. Example: At level 13, I had Woodworking 154.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, unfortunately all the vendor changes works both ways :( The Mage's guild discount is due to the library room. I think I need to remove those...

As for the skills, it's true for studying (since the option doesn't appear if a skill is above that cap) but maybe for crafting it doesn't work, I'll need to check that. However I'm also not sure if to do that. Maybe the cap should be restricted only for studying? Adding it also to crafting might make the game too grindy perhaps?
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Ah, so that's why I've never been able to study Enchanting. Yep, I haven't done any studying, just crafting. I'm fine without the level skill cap, you just need to update the description if you keep it like that.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I don't get any "tasks from customers", I can only take jobs at the shops? (Oh, I did finally get one, months after entering the adult age.)
Last edited by Franka on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.