Amber Full Beta 1.0.1

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.9.1

Post by jack1974 »

Haha OK, then for sure I can remove the +15 bonus in that Vin scene safely :lol:
I think it's still fine since I don't WANT people to craft like crazy all days. I wanted this game to be winnable playing in a more relaxed way, to not force people to craft otherwise = game over. So I think I'll keep like this.
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

But crafting is the only thing one CAN do. Don't be surprised that player of games use the game mechanics ; )
winter32
Young scout

Post by winter32 »

Yup, when the choices are either craft something or sleep all day (because your skill hit the study cap) it's hard to blame people they do in fact craft ;D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well then how comes that when I played I never reached those high amounts? I usually would do only some crafting for XP jobs, then always do studying/gathering to have days pass quicker :)
If someone wants to do it for their own goals (I want to reach skill > 450!) then OK, but it's not required to win the game :mrgreen:
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

In Bernard's story some upfront payment was negotiated. If any money was transferred it was less than 100 gold?

And another issue with this story-line, less nit-picking and more a blocker bug: Late in game in a fading out, a time jump to afternoon, and without a screen playing he's not a love interest anymore. This was the final open romance, I feel cheated : )

Do you need a save game?
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

PS: I never got the recipe for Bernard's path. Some broken trigger in the game?
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

jack1974 wrote:Well then how comes that when I played I never reached those high amounts?
maybe because you're not a Player of Games? : P
[..] then always do studying [..]
you realize that studying makes the game more frustrating? more recipes are a Bad Thing, with jobs demanding more and much scarcer raw materials. (otoh less recipes make the game more repetitive as the same jobs come up more often. but with the clumsy shop menu and no recipe tree crafting to sell at the market is a hopeless endeavor)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

myoksy wrote:In Bernard's story some upfront payment was negotiated. If any money was transferred it was less than 100 gold?
It's just a story thing, I don't take actual money. Otherwise the story wouldn't go on if for example player had 0 gold. Not going to change that.
myoksy wrote: And another issue with this story-line, less nit-picking and more a blocker bug: Late in game in a fading out, a time jump to afternoon, and without a screen playing he's not a love interest anymore. This was the final open romance, I feel cheated : )

Do you need a save game?
Yes I am not sure how that could have happened!
myoksy wrote:PS: I never got the recipe for Bernard's path. Some broken trigger in the game?
You should get it around 15-20 days before you get the recipes for the other paths.
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

jack1974 wrote:
myoksy wrote:In Bernard's story some upfront payment was negotiated. If any money was transferred it was less than 100 gold?
I don't take actual money. Otherwise the story wouldn't go on if for example player had 0 gold.
Amber demands money from Bernard, the player's funds wouldn't play a role.
It's just a story thing [..] Not going to change that.
I know that you want to release the game and I can understand why you don't care anymore about minuscule details. But at least I treasure your games because they are story driven and created with love for details.
myoksy wrote:PS: I never got the recipe for Bernard's path. Some broken trigger in the game?
You should get it around 15-20 days before you get the recipes for the other paths.
does not happen in my game. I sent you two saves.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

myoksy wrote: Amber demands money from Bernard, the player's funds wouldn't play a role.
Ahh OK. Well then yes, I can have player gain some money from Bernard :mrgreen:
myoksy wrote: I know that you want to release the game and I can understand why you don't care anymore about minuscule details. But at least I treasure your games because they are story driven and created with love for details.
Thanks, it's just that I really didn't foresee such long testing for this game. For a RPG OK, I understand. But I really never expected this and messed up a bit my schedule. Also the fact that it didn't turn out fun as I thought pissed me off :mrgreen:
Anyway, at least we're on the finishing line I think!
myoksy wrote: does not happen in my game. I sent you two saves.
I was able to spot the bug! A classic "wrote == instead of >=" :oops: :oops: