jack1974
Pack leader

Amber Full Beta 1.0.1

Post by jack1974 »

Download it from here:
http://www.macgames.biz/games/AMS-1.0.1-beta.zip

Official webpage:
http://winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm

To reach some endings you need to craft specific items.
I'd like also to get a feedback for the crafting part length, if it's too slow and it could be speed up somehow.

What's New In Version 1.0.1

- fixed duplicate recipes when you build the Library in the shop builder screen

What's New In Version 0.9.2

- removed "fade out to black and no event played" issue
- by mistake you couldn't complete Bernard bug if you randomly triggered another event around same days. Now it should always work
- Bernard now gives Amber money to craft his item (1000 gold) so matches the story
- changed pink to purple when people refer to Amber's underwear
- during Bernard's breakup scene, if you already played the 10th scene with him, Amber won't mention that she cannot work on the talisman anymore
- swapped cosmina and lynn second scene, since otherwise Amber couldn't know Lynn's name (she mention it during Cosa's scene)
- removed the bonus to all skills by 15 points you get in the main storyline when comparing your findings with Vin, since it's no longer needed with the changes to the crafting (it will also allow skills to go past 300 for those who want to brag about it :wink:)
- by mistake Amber referred to Ruby with her name during their first encounter (when she couldn't know her name yet) so I replaced it with "mysterious girl" :)

What's New In Version 0.9.1

- Manuel's lover was called initially "Wynne" and then "Wynn". Fixed so it's always "Wynn".
- fixed a crash that could happen if you didn't complete Manuel's romance in a single playthrough. I tried here with a save at beginning of adult age and worked (if you started the game with a very old version might not worK)
- Regarding Manuel's secret route, there was a small bug that randomly could make it not work. This is probably what happened to Madance :lol: though it was not very common (every time I tested worked at 1st try!! that's why I thought was OK).
- You wasted a Reputation point for the special job even if you choose cancel. Now that won't happen (it still happens if you refuse the task, because time is money!)
- Added more "cancel/go back" menu choices in some cases since you cannot click anymore on the same location you're in
- added an extra feedback text after you improve a skill using a journeman trainer in the adventurer's guild

What's New In Version 0.9.0

- fixed more typos
- all plot-romance items/recipes are tier 7 now (except Bernard's since it's less "rare")
- fixed a bug that was resetting an internal timer, which could allow the 10th romance scene with a character to be played AFTER you crafted the associated item :mrgreen:

What's New In Version 0.8.9

- made texts more consistent: now at end of young age, Amber says that Haros retired from being an alchemist (since in some parts Amber says she's the only alchemist in town, and didn't match). Now everything should match :)
- the button of the current location is now disabled: before you could "reset" the event of a location if by mistake you clicked on the same button. For example a customer coming to your shop, if you clicked "magic shop" on the left menu, the location would "reset" and the event disappear. Now you cannot click anymore (doesn't make sense to travel in the same location you're already in!)
- fixed various typos
- by mistake on previous version the main plot event scene where you get your "main goal" (vague on purpose) would trigger ONLY if you enabled Ruby's path!!!! :shock: that's why some people didn't seem to have anything else to do :mrgreen: Now that scene will always trigger!
- romance plot items are correctly removed from the inventory after they're created since they're consumed/given to the romance character in the next scene. Also, the recipe is removed from the recipe book, since you cannot sell those items in the shops anyway, will be less confusing
- now when you request a "special job" from Manuel in the Adventurer's Guild, the recipe will be randomly picked starting from the highest level ones. You could still end up with an easy task but much less than before. Also, the ending result item is removed from all shops for a few days, so you cannot simply go and buy them immediately like before!
- more recipe variety also in the normal jobs from docks/market

What's New In Version 0.8.8

- put the daily cap to raise skills back to 5, since 6 was too much :)
- raised SLIGHTLY the time to craft recipes (still lower than 0.8.6 though)
- removed price display in containers (bags, chests)
- setting item (for the runes, not the talismans which are still removed) can now be purchased again from shops
- put fixed energy costs for gathering (also lower than before)

What's New In Version 0.8.7a

- the new recipes discovered now will ALWAYS go from lowest to highest tier, making sure you don't get recipes that you cannot use (like a tier 7 recipe too early in the game!)

What's New In Version 0.8.7

- added a check so that when getting a new job will never repeat previous recipe, so job offers should be more varied now
- job offers required quality now is always a multiple of 10
- the correct quantity of pebbles needed is now shown when a task is given
- BELOW, CHANGES DONE TO REDUCE THE ADULT AGE GRIND!! :oops:
- you get an increase of +50 on all skills at end of young age (before was +25)
- removed all the talisman, figurines and setting (the runes are still there) from the recipe/items. Of course if you already have them in the grimoire they will still be there (otherwise would break saves)
- increased XP you get while crafting items in adult age (young age is unchanged). It's still proportional to the recipe difficulty
- reduced the crafting times of all recipes, so now you can craft something at evening too (before was always too late)
- raised maximum daily cap of skills increase to 6 (so you can increase each day any skill by 6, which means in 20 days you can increase a skill by 120)
- also, the skill increase while crafting is proportional to 1+the recipe tier divided by 2. So a tier 4 recipe will give you +3, etc making skills increase faster

What's New In Version 0.8.6

- fixed a nasty bug which could crash the vendor if the following thing happened: you clicked some items to buy (but didn't complete the transaction) and instead of closing the screen with the X, you used the left menu. Waited some days, the items were sold by the "simulation engine", and you opened again a vendor trying to sell or purchase new items. Crash. Now this shouldn't happen again (I tried with a savegame having the bug and worked, so I think should be good now).
- fixed a swapped dialogue in Cosmina when using the fire salve
- fixed a bug where it would ask you to remove a romance even if you picked Ruby only (leaving you with nobody to romance! boohoo)

What's New In Version 0.8.5

- added some restrictions on the kind of rooms you can build in the shopbuilder, less freedom but you can't find yourself unable to build a room anymore (unfortunately if you're in that situation you need to reload an older save :oops:)
- now I fade out both music/ambient sounds at beginning and at the end of each scene so there shouldn't be any more overlaps
- fixed Amber calling Cosmina instead of Cosa during wolf scene, Anders/Reed in the fire salve potion scene
- fixed a bug in VN Mode only where you could accidentally click the menu choices while viewing the status screen, leading to some weird graphic issues

What's New In Version 0.8.4

- fixed crash while playing in VNMode with Lynn's endings, since in that specific case you cannot have a "fail ending"
- removed the "hidden relationship choices" in Lynn's path. Now to get her Light/Dark ending will only matter the alignment like in the other routes
- made the game page and the in-game texts more clear about the contents of the romance paths to avoid misunderstandings: now only Ruby is listed as yuri path, with Cosmina/Lynn listed as "poly". When you have to choose which romances to enable at beginning of adult age, there's also this distinction between the 3 different romance types (otome, yuri, poly).

What's New In Version 0.8.3

- I put a short messagebox hint if you fail to get Lynn's Light and Dark endings, so players know why they didn't get it (since it's the only romance who works differently from the others)
- vendors should have more common items now available for sale
- tweaked the XP needed to get to level 10, since right now was a bit too easy :)
- taking day off now restores more energy (before was too low)
- tweaked the prices of raw items, so it's possible to gain more gold while crafting to refine existing items (ore->ingots or nuggets->pebbles->crystals). Also increased prices of more complex items (potions, settings, amulets). Aren't BIG changes, however from playing now it's possible to make more money while crafting

What's New In Version 0.8.2

- by mistake the game was building in "debug mode". So some bugs reported by Darciecobalt (like all characters showing in adult age, or the checkered background) were due to that. For the wrong age shown in sprites, the only solution is to start a new game though :oops:
- the "Special Job" in Adventurer's Guild now gives more XP (before was only giving more gold if you choose a job with gold reward)
- merchants now also offer "settings" for sale (useful to craft talismans)
- the "fail ending" were triggered in crafting mode when the deadline occurred - even if you ALREADY made the item and triggered the ending! :oops:
- fixed a bug in a breakup scene in which Lynn was showin in underwear :lol:
- Lynn won't make any reference to "the sponge thing" in the wrong scene in the 6th (adult) scene
- training the crafting skills at the adventurer's guild now costs time. Also reduced the bonus so 1 Reputation = 1 Skill, before was too powerful!

What's New In Version 0.8.1

- fixed early crash due to "AmberRomances" variable not initialized
- updated the description on level up, the skill point level cap applies only to studying action (otherwise would be too punishing)
- increased the amount of recipes you get on each level up to 2. Even if you reach level 30, it's still "only" 60 recipes, so about 1/3 of the game you will learn through level up :)
- ore materials will show up more often in shops
- tweaked times of metalworking recipes (some were too high) and in general reduced times of all crafting :)
- removed the "discount" effect of the office (you still get the reputation which is a nice bonus!). The library works since the recipe books are custom-coded, so I kept that one :)

What's New In Version 0.8.0

- when you choose who to "discard" in the romance screen, a small breakup scene was supposed to play. Now it plays :mrgreen: (before wasn't!)
- I have tested all the endings and pin-ups images, I think they should all work correctly now!
- now the Cosmina path is named "Cosmina and Reed", so it's more clear it's a threesome path. Also both portraits shows up in the status screen
- changed some lines in Lynn's Light Plus ending, so it's clear that Amber is only Lynn's lover, but not a poly ending (Amber and Lair have no interest in each other in that route)
- romance paths no longer active will display faded out in status screen

What's New In Version 0.7.9

- fixed wrong outfits for Cosa/Anders in a scene from Lynn's path (would appear with hood and messed up face lol)
- fixed some typos
- slightly tweaked the XP you get at higher levels to make the game less grindy :mrgreen:
- fixed an endless loop when you crafted the specific plot item for certain paths. Of course the only one that was OK was Bernard, and that's the only one I tested :lol: but Cosmina, Daniel, Lair etc would show an endless loop! Of course this bug was only if playing normally, not in VN Mode.

What's New In Version 0.7.8
- fixed crash while using manual crafting! :)

What's New In Version 0.7.7

- added adult age story and gameplay, including the shop builder!
- fixed a possible infinite loop error in docks screen (rare)
- tweaked the amount of gold you get from tasks, based on some saves/tests I got. You would end up making too much money, making the shop screen a bit pointless :lol:
- when you are offered tasks which require talisman or figurines, the quantity will always be 1, and the rewards are boosted (since otherwise it's not worth doing those tasks!)
- the shop's customers (which will replace Haros' tasks in practice) will require more complex recipes but offer a unique reward: XP AND GOLD :)
- task rewards are now increased based on the recipe difficulty/tier
- the task of the adventurer's where mixed with the mage's guild ones, so you could mess up if you got both. now works fine.
- target item quality of many tasks was too low, increased it
- you could buy thieves chests even if you didn't have enough money, also the prices have changed accordingly. Chests now require Reputation so it's used also somewhere else beside Mage's Guild. The chests in general will give you a bigger reward than money (except the completely random one).
- reviewed the prices of gems in general since they were too expensive and would unbalance the game
- increased max daily cap skill increase while crafting to 5, since you're limited by the time required to craft anyway! :)
- the random recipe task generator was completely broken! that's why you would always see the same item requested by the jobs. Now there's much more variety!
- fixed the order in which you randomly discover the new recipes: now it should discover the basic recipes more often in the early stages, so you don't find yourself with recipes too hard to craft, too early
Pace675
Druid

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.7.7

Post by Pace675 »

Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/gui.rpy", line 779, in script
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/gui.rpy", line 219, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 221, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 222, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 224, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 280, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 281, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 287, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 287, in keywords
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\main.py", line 487, in main
run(restart)
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\execution.py", line 761, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/gui.rpy", line 779, in script
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\ast.py", line 1706, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\ast.py", line 1724, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\statements.py", line 145, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\exports.py", line 2526, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\display\core.py", line 2538, in interact
scene_lists.replace_transient()
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\display\core.py", line 822, in replace_transient
self.remove(layer, tag)
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\display\core.py", line 1107, in remove
self.hide_or_replace(layer, remove_index, "hide")
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\display\core.py", line 1031, in hide_or_replace
d = oldsle.displayable._hide(now - st, now - at, prefix)
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\display\screen.py", line 443, in _hide
self.update()
File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\AMS-0.7.7\AMS-0.7.7-steam\renpy\display\screen.py", line 578, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/gui.rpy", line 221, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 222, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 224, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 280, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 281, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 287, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 287, in keywords
File "<screen language>", line 287, in <module>
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Potion making manual go boom!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

When does that happen? :)
edit: ah when you use shop option in manual crafting! haha I basically NEVER used it in the game, since there's very little reason to do that :mrgreen:
I'm even tempted to remove it lol. Anyway, easy to fix at least.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:When does that happen? :)
edit: ah when you use shop option in manual crafting! haha I basically NEVER used it in the game, since there's very little reason to do that :mrgreen:
I'm even tempted to remove it lol. Anyway, easy to fix at least.

Well I was following your tutorial....soooooo *points finger* :lol: :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.7.8

Post by jack1974 »

Yep, I fixed it now. I really didn't use manual crafting in the game because of how many times you need to craft. It's good to have for future games that uses crafting more sparingly :mrgreen:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

It will be a few days before I can really play, work + Persona 5 happened. Also, not sure how useful it will be to continue my save with all the balance changes made, but starting over with crafting will take a lot more time before I get to adult stage.
SirSlothMan
Young scout

Post by SirSlothMan »

Quick question
Spoiler:
but does the Lynn or Cosmina route always lead to either them breaking up with you or a three way relationship, just asking for curious sake?
morgan502
Young scout

Post by morgan502 »

For some reason all the jobs I get are to make soft wood planks. I've had that job like 6 times in a row now.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:It will be a few days before I can really play, work + Persona 5 happened. Also, not sure how useful it will be to continue my save with all the balance changes made, but starting over with crafting will take a lot more time before I get to adult stage.
Well up to you, I didn't restart my play either :oops: if you can find time to restart, good of course :)

Sirslothman: yes those are the only endings, sorry.
morgan502 wrote:For some reason all the jobs I get are to make soft wood planks. I've had that job like 6 times in a row now.
Depends what recipes you know, the game should randomly pick from the known recipes, so if you have a few it COULD happen. Also the docks and market will ask more woodworking/metalworking/jewelcrafting jobs, and preferring easy ones.

I haven't tried starting a new game from the beginning though, I'll plan to do that and see if something is broken regarding the tasks :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I tried starting a new game quickly and got various offers: greenwood planks, fertilizer, copper ingot. So it's as expected (you probably got really bad luck to get 6 of same kind in a row!). I restricted the kind of jobs since are the easiest to do, talismans or potions require more work, so those will be requested more by other places like Mage's Guild for example :)