Amber Full Beta 1.0.1

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.8.9

Post by jack1974 »

Do you have saves before the event you mention are triggered? I forgot but in the code I actually give out the recipes only late in the game (in a specific day) so I don't understand how you could trigger that. So maybe it's something in your playthrough. If you have several saves before/after the event would be very helpful :) thanks
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.8.9

Post by jack1974 »

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. When you saw those black screen, the game was checking if there was still more than 1 romance, and if so, would show the "stop a romance" screen. But if you didn't have more than 1 would still trigger that screen (showing just a fade out). That was resetting an internal timer, long story short, that was causing your bug :lol:
So now I've fixed it!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.9.0

Post by jack1974 »

I made the update, I belive now it's mathematically impossible to trigger the 10th romance scene before you craft the romance item (like in Daniel's path)!! Hopefully this time I'm right :)
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

jack1974 wrote:I made the update, I belive now it's mathematically impossible to trigger the 10th romance scene before you craft the romance item
I'll do my best to prove you wrong. give me time.

(on a more serious note: I will start a new crafting game, at least one story line interests me enough to start anew. I think I can give you an update one the pacing in the apprenticeship stage this weekend.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sounds good! Though I hope you find no other big problems :)
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

just noticed that the job screen for pebbles is still not correct - while the raw material is calculated correctly the screen implies that one needs one tool per created pebble, actually one tool for two produced items are needed.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well about that I should really put 1 Tool for all the recipes, since it's the only item that isn't consumed. So even if you are asked to craft 10 greenwood planks, you still only really need 1 Tool :)
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

jack1974 wrote:Well about that I should really put 1 Tool for all the recipes
I disagree. Early in the game the most important money sink is tools. I would feel cheated if the job offer screen looks like I could fulfil the order in one batch, but actually I need either a few hundred gold for the needed tools or multiple crafting runs.
jack1974 wrote:the button of the current location is now disabled: before you could "reset" the event of a location if by mistake you clicked on the same button. For example a customer coming to your shop, if you clicked "magic shop" on the left menu, the location would "reset" and the event disappear.
this change has a side-effect: it's not possible to leave some menus anymore without changing locations (and therefore burn time). out of the head I thin of "job search", but in the adult stage some buttons have afaik also no leave function. maybe a new button "nevermind" for the end of selection trees, throwing the player back to the base menu of the location?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

myoksy wrote: I disagree. Early in the game the most important money sink is tools. I would feel cheated if the job offer screen looks like I could fulfil the order in one batch, but actually I need either a few hundred gold for the needed tools or multiple crafting runs.
I'll do the same thing as before then.
myoksy wrote: this change has a side-effect: it's not possible to leave some menus anymore without changing locations (and therefore burn time). out of the head I thin of "job search", but in the adult stage some buttons have afaik also no leave function. maybe a new button "nevermind" for the end of selection trees, throwing the player back to the base menu of the location?
The time burned by changing location is value of 1. By comparison crafting an item, even the fastest one takes 30 time units. It doesn't really matter in the long run, especially with the changes, you'll be level 300 in skills 30 days before the deadline anyways! It's more important that people accidentally don't miss for example Manuel's request to visit, blocking completely his storyline :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah sorry I didn't read what you mean. Yes I can add a "go back" or "nevermind" menu choice. I think in adventurers, mage, thief guild :)