I'm not talking about the game that is NOT out yet
But the actual
Amber's Shop in the game itself!
The main gameplay loop will be:
1) get ingredients
2) craft stuff
3) sell stuff in the shop
From time to time, people will come to the shop with special requests. "Can you make me a love potion of quality at least >90"? Or "do you have any figurine for sale?" And so on. Those are "tasks" and have a time limit, but give greater rewards.
Other mechanics: Amber has 5 skills to learn/improve, the ones you see in many screenshots: Jewelcrafting, Woodworking, Metalworking, Potionmaking and Enchanting. Recipes have minimum skills requirement. Skill improves as you craft recipes of that skill.
I am also going to add a "Fame" or maybe use another word. Money shouldn't be the only problem, since I think will be easy to find some good recipes and make money quick enough. There should be also another value that is tied with getting access to recipes.
Recipes could be bought at the market but the most powerful ones are stored in the Wizards Guild. They would sell them for a price, BUT also require some Fame/other value. I am thinking to tie the Fame with completing tasks, but also improving your shop.
And here comes the main thing of this post: the shop itself. I can't do a full "builder sim", however, I plan to ask an artist to draw a sort of blueprint of it, with several rooms which you can build and/or improve. A bit like XCOM if you have played that game: the shop size and number of rooms it's always fixed, but you can decide in which order to build stuff.
I am thinking to have the lab/storage in an underground part, while the actual shop in the base / ground level.
I want suggestions for rooms and bonuses/use they could provide
Currently I have:
- Storage: you'll start with a basic storage. You can then expand it to store more items, and upgrade to allow storing certain items (like some magic items that need special storage)
- Lab: this of course it's the one with most possibilities. Currently have upgrades in quality,
- Magic Garden: from a suggestion of Bob, I think could be interesting if Amber could make an underground magical garden, in which plants or mushrooms grows. Various upgrades could be for the item type/level, though it would be randomized a bit, or require money/fame to get the seeds etc. (otherwise could be dangerous and become a sort of cheat-mode!)
UPPER PART/GROUND FLOOR
- Shop: once again size (slots you can fill items with), but also quality. A better looking shop, more refined/luxurious, would attract also nobles and people with more money. Also maybe some special slots for precious items, or dangerous ones (sort of magical containers for very dangerous items like explosive potions, etc).
- Staff: in the game Amber works alone, but in the shop she might hire some people to help selling. This would basically take care of replacing the empty slots automatically as the items are sold. At same time she could hire people to deliver goods automatically from the market (of course she should have money to pay!)
And that's it. I'm out of ideas. If I implement ALL the ideas above, it should be already good though. However if you have any ideas/suggestions, feel free to tell me