characters intros

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

characters intros

Post by jack1974 »

Let's start a series of post with the characters intros. Of course, the first one is Amber :)
blog/2016/08/ambers-magic-shop-introducing-amber/
Sorry Althea, but someone seems is going to be more cute than you :mrgreen:
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Re: characters intros

Post by SimonStardust »

I love her adult version. Maybe because of her shorter haircut (yeah, except of that braid, but it makes her look kinda cute :3).
Just read her short introduction and I have to say she reminds me quite a lot of myself. xD
Easy to say she's already my favorite female MC from all of your games so far. ^^
Looking forward to seeing more. :)
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Image
Sorry Althea, but someone seems is going to be more cute than you :mrgreen:
In a single sentence, you've made two big-time enemies and the one guy who might be able to save you wields only a lute whereas they're armed w/ a magic staff and twin knives... Nice knowin ya, Jack! :lol:

In seriousness, though: her "Young" and "Adult" stages have very few differences, apart from the eyes being smaller and the nose more pronounced in the latter. (Her skin and hair seem a few shades darker, but I don't know if that's just supposed to be since it's a different angle and the light would make it seem that way in real Life.)

It leads me to Question: How much older is she there, and do Dark Elves age at a different rate than other types of Elves?
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

The artist represented youth with big eyes and softer features. You'll see this with pretty much all the characters. It's not a racial thing specific to Amber as you'll see in the coming weeks.

Roughly, the 'young' phase covers between 16-18. In the 'adult' phase, they're 20+. This is the same for all characters who have a young sprite and an adult sprite.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What Forsaken said :)
Since the age difference wasn't much (just 4-5 years more max) I didn't want to change a lot. Also at THE TIMES (circa 2012!) when I made those sprites, the artist was not sure could work for long, so we had to find a compromise to make an adult version in a easy way.
Then luckily he was also able to do the art for SOTW, Loren 2, and a yet-to-be-announced game set in Dingirra :wink:

Ah, in Aravorn elves age more or less like human until 18-20 years, then their age increases MUCH slower. Like at 50 years they look maybe 1 year older. Yes, it's good to be an elf! 8)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:...and a yet-to-be-announced game set in Dingirra :wink:
Forgive my getting slightly off-topic here, but I gotta know, seeing that: Will that take place before, after, or during SOTW?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

After SOTW but need to decide exactly how many years after :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Now if only we could have the young Amber dress on the older version of Amber, that would be perfect XD.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's possible. All the clothes can be added to any age :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

BobTheMob wrote:
In seriousness, though: her "Young" and "Adult" stages have very few differences, apart from the eyes being smaller and the nose more pronounced in the latter. (Her skin and hair seem a few shades darker, but I don't know if that's just supposed to be since it's a different angle and the light would make it seem that way in real Life.)
Shape of her lips and Jaw have also changed, you missed that. I could pretty much tell right away that young version is around 16 while older around 22 and I think that change between her young and adult self is quite noticeable (True I guess this is also a matter of how used your eyes are to Anime styles art)

Young Amber is So Cute <3 <3 <3 !!!!