Desktop Mobile Forums Blog Support Patreon

Amber development

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber development

Postby jack1974 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:18 am

Haha no, I am a bit sick right now :mrgreen: I don't want to overwork myself, so I'm taking it easier. But early next year for sure!

Palmettogamer14
Young scout

Postby Palmettogamer14 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:34 pm

BobTheMob wrote:
jack1974 wrote:Yes depends mostly on me, since all writing is done, and the last pieces of art are being made right now :)

Does that mean this might be done by Christmas?

Would be an epic thing to have as a present, a new game around that time! :mrgreen:

I'm hoping the same thing too!

jack1974
Pack leader

Postby jack1974 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:24 am

So, 181 recipes done! Almost there! I think maybe I'll try to aim at 250, since with copy-pasting power I was able to make 50 in the last 2 days :twisted:

I'm trying to have almost same recipes for each of the categories, but probably that won't happen. Still you'll need to do a bit of everything to become the master alchemist!

BobTheMob
Druid

Postby BobTheMob » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:15 pm

jack1974 wrote:Image

I'm trying to have almost same recipes for each of the categories, but probably that won't happen.

I'm afraid I don't understand how that was worded: almost same recipes for each of the categories.
That sounds to me as if a potion would have the same formula as a wooden carving, or something like that... :|

Also, what is Bhax; and are Nightmare Settings something to do w/ Dark magic??? :twisted:
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters

jack1974
Pack leader

Postby jack1974 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:56 pm

Sorry as always my brain formulates a sentence that gets written badly. SAME AMOUNT of recipes!! lol, not the same recipes, would be bad to play :lol:
Bhax is a new cool Goddess that I wanted to introduce already time ago, and I am working on a game story with it:
http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Bhax
For the lazy ones:
Bhax or "The Spider Queen": The cult of Bhax started when the first witches, hunted down by the authorities of the Human Empire, took refuge in the Unforgiving Swamps. Transforming into animals, shapeshifting, it's one of the peculiarities of witchcraft, alongside teleporting to small distances.

One witch in particular, who called herself Bhax, was obsessed with spiders. It is said that one day, she was chased by four temible Witch Hunters, including Raven himself. She was losing terrain, and the witch hunters were employing war dogs to find her. Desperate, she found refuge in a giant spiders nest. No man would ever dare to enter a giant spiders nest alone.

She not only lost her chasers, but for some reason, the spiders inside won't kill her. She slept inside the nest for seven days and seven nights, unharmed. After that experience, she began research ways to transform herself into a half human, half spider being.

This is how the legend of Bhax, The Spider Queen, started. Some say that she has the upper part of a woman, and the lower body of a giant spider. What appears a monstruous creature, in reality possess an incredible charm. Tales say that she doesn't even need to start most of the fights, since she can enthrall her foes either with her charm magic, or with her thick cobwebs.

Witches living in the Unforgiving Swamps often worship Bhax, and named several spells after her.

BobTheMob
Druid

Postby BobTheMob » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:09 am

One more question (Should've asked before; sorry! :oops: )--What exactly is a Setting? Is it something like an amulet, or charm?

pahldus
Woods ranger

Postby pahldus » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:52 am

A setting is the part of the jewelry that holds the stone, the prongs on a diamond ring that the stone sits in etc.

jack1974
Pack leader

Postby jack1974 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:43 pm

While I'm waiting for some edited texts, I thought to go on with the actual gameplay. You will buy most of the ingredients, but I thought would be fun to also allow gathering "free ingredients".
Of course later it won't be really "free", since it costs time, and time is money! Also the result will be randomized a bit. Should be a nice addition I think :)

BobTheMob
Druid

Postby BobTheMob » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:52 pm

jack1974 wrote:Image
While I'm waiting for some edited texts, I thought to go on with the actual gameplay. You will buy most of the ingredients, but I thought would be fun to also allow gathering "free ingredients".
Of course later it won't be really "free", since it costs time, and time is money! Also the result will be randomized a bit. Should be a nice addition I think :)

2 qs.:

"Evening (200)" - what does the 200 mean?

Any possibility Amber could do her own gardening, growing her own ingredients? She could probably use the seeds from what she gathers. (I get if it's too late to add that, just wanted to ask. :) )

jack1974
Pack leader

Postby jack1974 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:57 pm

The 200 is just a debug number, won't be shown in the final game (I forgot to take the screenshot in release mode).
Doing her own gardening would be cool but I think it's too late to do this. I want to have some sort of building mode for the shop/lab though. I could add "vegetable garden" as improvement, and that would give random herbs/stuff once in a while :) Such things could be possible, not micro-management.
When I get to do that part will post in forums to get suggestions!

Return to “Amber's Magic Shop”