Amber development

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber development

Post by jack1974 »

I hope to finish the beta much sooner than the 16th! For the final release I have no clue :)
Troyen wrote:I actually think the cross works fine. Like an angry scratching out of people who she broke up with and never wants to see again.
They're not like "dramatic breakup". In most cases both people agrees "yes it's not fair to keep seeing each other when you date other people" etc :)
Troyen wrote: The broken heart is too subtle, it looked like a complete heart as if that was the person you selected and the fade-out is barely noticeable. Also there seems to be a bug on that screen where it allows you to break up with Cosmina.
Indeed, shouldn't be possible to break up with Cosmina :wink:
Jokes apart I don't like the heart either, so will probably just fade out the selected character.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ROFL!!!!!! I am almost tempted to leave this bug :lol: :lol: :lol:
In practice after one scene, the "cloth" parameter was stuck to "underwear". So in all the normal daily activities, Amber was going around... like that!! haha this was epic :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I guess her alchemy shop wasn't making quite enough money yet. ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

:lol: also I wonder what kind of job she's looking for in that outfit... :mrgreen:
On a more serious note, I finally found the bug when assigning the tasks recipe, was picking from a smaller list, that's why you would always see the same items requested. Now it's much more varied :)
I hoped to make the new beta today but now I'm sure won't happen, however, it shouldn't take much longer now, after this morning's work :)
OneTrueBaldo
Young scout

Post by OneTrueBaldo »

jack1974 wrote:Image
ROFL!!!!!! I am almost tempted to leave this bug :lol: :lol: :lol:
In practice after one scene, the "cloth" parameter was stuck to "underwear". So in all the normal daily activities, Amber was going around... like that!! haha this was epic :mrgreen:
Nice! :mrgreen: But this raises a very important question in my mind:
Spoiler:
Do we'll get to see the underwear of the other girls? :twisted: :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well more or less you'll see underwear of all characters (maybe only Bernard doesn't) :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

That's no bug, Jack.
It's a surefire moneymakin crowdpleaser. I'd keep it if I were you! :mrgreen:
eagle 917
Young scout

Post by eagle 917 »

I just finished all the light-plus routes for the Yuri paths, no bugs to report(VN mode) but I have to say,
Spoiler:
I don't like the forced polygamy is Lyn's and Cosimina's routes. I mean, I play the game for the Yuri and then am suddenly forced into a realtionship with a man and a woman? It seemed kind of unfair. If there is an option for people to disable Yuri or Hetero romances then clearly you realize some people don't want to see them. To then suddenly force them into one just seem...I am not sure what word to go with, unfair? Maybe it's different in the dark-plus routes, maybe I just picked a wrong choice somewhere. I just went with light-plus because it seemed like it would be the "best ending". Maybe insert a warning or something? Or just the option to say no? I don't know, it just took me by surprise and left me rather unhappy. Please don't take this as me bashing your game! I quite love the work you produce, it's just I found the forced polygamy quite jarring.
I really do like all the ladies though. They are all very interesting characters, Lyn in particular is quite adorable. I will be doing the dark path next to see what is different. When I have the time to commit I will do the full crafting play through, not just the lazyperson's VN mode, ha ha.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK good, I wanted to talk about this indeed. I will make a separate thread though :)