Amber development

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber development

Post by jack1974 »

OK a good and bad news :)
Good - the next demo will be feature complete, meaning that in theory you should be able to see EVERYTHING, including all the endings, all pin-ups, bonus/secret route, etc
Bad - it won't be ready tomorrow :mrgreen: At this point, since it's just a few more days I prefer to wait and finish everything missing, than having a 90% finished demo tomorrow.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:OK a good and bad news :)
Good - the next demo will be feature complete, meaning that in theory you should be able to see EVERYTHING, including all the endings, all pin-ups, bonus/secret route, etc
Bad - it won't be ready tomorrow :mrgreen: At this point, since it's just a few more days I prefer to wait and finish everything missing, than having a 90% finished demo tomorrow.

Three words Jack;

Such. A. Tease! :evil: :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe, I thought I could finish by tomorrow but I had to test several things, with so many endings, characters, the shop builder, etc etc :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

I know and understand, and take your time *hides the whip behind my back) just excited as are a lot of people are that this lovely game is now coming to the light ^_
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

well I just finished coding the "dump character screen" :lol: it was faster than I thought.
The text can be improved for sure, I don't know if it's clear. In practice, since at the end of the game you must remain with only one romance, you can choose who to discard yourself at regular intervals during the game, rather than have it auto-picked by the computer (also because there isn't a "relationship value" in this game).
Also maybe the red-cross to discard the character is a bit too... bloody? not sure :mrgreen:
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

Yeah I think you want a less vicious looking cross. It looks like Amber's hit-list.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I changed to simply fading out the portrait and a broken heart symbol, though I'm not sure about that one. Might make it small and display it on a side, or just remove it completely and use the fade-out portrait only.
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

jack1974 wrote:Image
I changed to simply fading out the portrait and a broken heart symbol, though I'm not sure about that one. Might make it small and display it on a side, or just remove it completely and use the fade-out portrait only.
Hm....This sort of reminds me of how the romance system in Baldur's Gate II worked...sort of.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Hehe, I thought I could finish by tomorrow but I had to test several things, with so many endings, characters, the shop builder, etc etc :)
By the 16th, maybe?

Would be like an epic adult (shut up, pervs. Haha) Easter basket for us all...as well as epic B-Day present for me. (OK, I'll stop w/ the hinting at feeling I should get a discount now, haha. :P )
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I actually think the cross works fine. Like an angry scratching out of people who she broke up with and never wants to see again.

The broken heart is too subtle, it looked like a complete heart as if that was the person you selected and the fade-out is barely noticeable. Also there seems to be a bug on that screen where it allows you to break up with Cosmina.