Expansions?

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
Ultralord45
Young scout

Re: Expansions?

Post by Ultralord45 »

This is a GREAT idea :) ! I loved Roommates and there's so much an expansion could include, like:
1. If you've already completed the game for both Anne and Max, you could intertwine the two: have them talk about their love interests and even go on a double date ;)
2. If the expansion does include a second year, a great way to introduce the new romances could be to have the members of Latin House notice you're all alone and set you up on a blind date :lol:
3. Relationship troubles. Nothing major, but as already noticed in these forums, Isabella has been hinted to have a possessive side (even in her non-romantic route). Not necessarily like the jealousy scenes from the original game (felt mildly out of place), but maybe a "You are mine" moment. Disagreements are real and I would like to see how they handle that.
4. Fraternities and other bullies can be BIG trouble; they could be interesting to overcome/understand
5. I DEMAND AND ENDING SING-ALONG :mrgreen:
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

I mean, I'd definitely buy an expansion, particularly if it let me explore Roxanne's character (and maybe her other things...) more :) . Anne and her seem the most interesting to me but I got the feeling that she might be interested in Max. In both cases though the weird thing is that it seems the most like she's interested in you when you *don't* pick her. It seems moreso when playing Max but as Anne it seems like she's either jealous of Max or like they had a one night stand or something. I was really hoping that playing Max's story would reveal what that unknown antagonism between the two was that Anne was sensing but no such luck.
What I would say though is that if there was an Expansion, assuming it would alter events in the base game (such as adding Roxanne or Carmen as I've seen others request, as full options), I would humbly request an option when starting a game to do so with the Expansion on or off for those of us who occasionally feel like a vanilla nostalgia bomb.
(I would also apologize for the Necro but that's sort of just the nature of these forums to a degree :) .)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think an expansion for this game is out of question because how it was coded it would be really hard to "insert" a new character in the mix. Would mess up all the chronology of events and honestly it would be much more easy to do a Roommates 2 or spin-off featuring other characters :)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Makes sense, I'm guessing the general preference would be for a full sequel, but while leaning that way I'd be happy with either :) .
Opposed to Ultralord's comments, rather than casting Greek Life fully as the adversary I'd much rather see them given some depth - particularly in the case of a spin-off (could have the characters be new members and then make your own version of Animal House, Revenge of the Nerds, or... are there Sorority movies that aren't X rated? Would prally be co-ed to a degree anyways so that you wouldn't need two whole casts of characters). I mean still go ahead and have the classic bad guy frat but personally I always appreciate showing multiple sides to things (particularly when concerning groups that are typically made the antagonists, such as the "popular crowd". Theoretically even Chad could have a redemption arc, I doubt anyone is clamoring for one but that may be the point, no?
Speaking of Ultralord though playing both Anne and Max at once could be very interesting... and probably really complicated both to make and to play xD , but it's a fun thought :) .
The only odd thing about a full sequel with new romance options is it would require you to either break up with your year 1 partner or to complete year 1 without a romance, which is always sad (though I suppose that might be the best motivation to ever complete the Dominic/Sally friendship routes). I mean as a separate game it would likely just ask you what your romance option was so you wouldn't technically have to play through single, but we would know xD . A secondary thing off of that is the question of being able to start a romance with one of the initial options during year 2 when you didn't during year 1.
If there was relationship turmoil as part of it, I would also encourage multiple ways to resolve it. I understand the reasons for the single route, but it would be nice (and add replayability) to have multiple paths per person, even just 2. Sorry to reference Ultralord again (I don't have to leave the page to look at his comments), but Isabelle for instance, if she were to have an arc about being possessive, you could help her get over it, be comfortable with it, or botch it :) . Admittedly that type of split could also be put onto the different characters - i.e. Max has to help her get over it, whereas Anne needs to be fine with it to be successful (and preempting any internet outrage, that thought has to do with their personalities, nothing else), but I think it would be more interesting if each character had multiple ways to handle it - even if I would also appreciate their stories diverging a bit more (which would also make sense as Back Alley Flash gains popularity and probably has more and more to do with Max's life).
I swear this is the last thing then I'll shut up xD - I just hope you realize jack that the first thing that will happen if you release a sequel is "when is Roomates 3 coming"? And then 4...
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Well could we see a sequel?

Been DYIN to have more pure comedy since I discovered that game! :mrgreen:
Ariel Schnee
Young scout

Post by Ariel Schnee »

I'd really like to see Anne/Roxanne pairing.^_^
---