best love interest (Max)

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm

who is the best love interest playing as Max?

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

best love interest (Max)

Post by jack1974 »

This is the poll for Max instead. I made them separate this time (differently from the other games polls).
Alex81
Woods ranger

Re: best love interest (Max)

Post by Alex81 »

I thought all the romances were well written (not completed all of them ,and never gotten a perfect ending due to extreme difficulty!)
Though still I'd -LOVE- to see Roxanne as a romance option :) (for both Sam and Max)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Alex81 wrote:Though still I'd -LOVE- to see Roxanne as a romance option :) (for both Sam and Max)
Well, Rakesh did have that rabbit costume...guess Anne could cosplay as Sam :D
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Max x Rakesh was beautiful. Really nice relationship, love blossoming out of an unusual friendship.

Rakesh's ethnicity was a part of his character, but he wasn't a stereotype. The romance was very sweet and tender, but also fairly steamy when they got down to it. Thank you thank you thank you for making it clear that both the gay relationships involved sex and weren't just 'friendship' as with Heileen.

Max actually got to mature and grow; he ultimately grew out of the band because he'd grown up, got a proper job and a steady relationship.

And I LOVED the way there's so little angst, no OH MY GOD I'M GAY!!!! After the Valentine's, he just admits that he didn't expect this, but he definitely wants it more than anything. And nobody gives him any crap about it either (though it's not exactly unusual for a rock star to be gay!)

I kind of got the impression that Max just fell for Rakesh, rather than being interested in other guys. Though his comments about 'it will blow their pants off... <wink> or boxer shorts!' was very cute!

Whereas Anne seems bi-curious (at the very least) right from the start.

Also I shall note that both the gay paths are massively ahead in both polls! :)

Thanks Jack and Mr E for making such a brilliant game! And for making it so LGBT friendly!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Glad you liked it. After reading the story, I had no doubts about Mr E (haha fun that now everyone is calling him "Mr. E." :lol:) writing quality, but of course I feared of not being impartial, etc. Cool to see that wasn't just my impression 8)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Ah well...

No I am not interested in chasing boys. Sorry, nogo. Which rules out Rakesh. (Besides he is a bubblehead of the type I cannot stand.)

Sally and her activism before reason goes against my grain too.

Isabella is also romanceable for Anne, so I did not pursue her (yet).

Which leaves chasing Anne as the main attraction when playing Max.
Ixionos
Young scout

Post by Ixionos »

Lonestar51 wrote:Ah well...

No I am not interested in chasing boys. Sorry, nogo. Which rules out Rakesh. (Besides he is a bubblehead of the type I cannot stand.)

As a hot blooded straight-as-hell male, I'm with you on this. When I play as Max I avoid Rakesh like a tax auditor. I enjoyed all 3 female romances for Max and I too want to see Roxanne as a romanceable character for both Max and Anne, maybe in a future expansion. (are you reading this, jack?) :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

...Roooooxanne you don't have to turn on the red light...
Ahem, right now have no plans for expansion since I have already a lot of other games to finish, however I don't exclude that I could make a spin-off or DLC with extra characters sometimes in future. The main problem would be that there are already a lot of events, so I think if I do that it should play like a separate game where you pursue only the new characters (the old ones could still be present, or could be completely new dorm with new characters).
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

It's kinda funny because Rakesh is technically my favorite romance for Max, yet Max is also my favorite romance for Anne. So I'm having trouble reconciling my two headcanons :lol: For whatever reason I didn't like Max/Anne as much as Anne/Max. I think I'm just projecting too much onto Anne :?

I would be down to romance Roxanne. I love me a good tsundere. Also whatsisface. Marvin? The other redhead. I'd like to get to know him a bit :mrgreen:
All hail Rei's booty.
MrEnvy8
Official writer

Post by MrEnvy8 »

Ixionos wrote:

As a hot blooded straight-as-hell male, I'm with you on this. When I play as Max I avoid Rakesh like a tax auditor.
Take a look at the walkthrough in the beta thread. Avoid the first scene from it (or the second if you're trying for Isabella) and you'll never be on his route. Thus you can feel free to see his scenes without worrying about accidentally romancing him.
(As Max, anyway).