first person games?

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

if you had to choose, what would you prefer?

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

first person games?

Post by jack1974 »

I was thinking about something and... thought to make a poll! :)
If you had to choose, what would you prefer: a game seen as "first person view" (romance CG included), but with a lot more character customization (including race, job, hair, etc) or much less customization but see the romance CGs as they're now (with a couple)?

I ask because many people wanted more character customization. But with a 2d game is not possible to do that, AND also have romance/custom CGs. For example even allowing only the male/female choice, every CG which includes the main character needs to be done twice. Imagine if beside that you could also choose if the race is human, elf or orc (or something else). Would multiply the amount of CG variations needed a lot (and that's really not possible :mrgreen:).

So in practice the only way to offer a lot of customization was to show the romance CG (and other CG as well, but let's be honest those are the most interesting ones!) as if they were seen with the main character's eyes, in first person.
All my games used the couple system, though Cursed Lands will use first person view, exactly because you can have a lot of customization for the main character: you can be human, dwarf, elf, half elf :)
OneTrueBaldo
Young scout

Re: first person games?

Post by OneTrueBaldo »

Voted "Less main character customization", but I need to see Cursed Lands for my final vote *NUDGE* *NUDGE* *WINK* *WINK*
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well anyway so far the poll has a clear direction... :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

One thing I really liked in QoT was the clothing customization. I'd rather have more of that than "true customizable main character."
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Definitely "Less main character customization" for me. I don't even have to think about it.

Character customization is a nice addition but if you are sacrificing couple romance CGs for it is just not worth it.

Also I am seconding what Franka said.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes outfits aren't a problem, since I can always use a "casual outfit" for the romance scenes. Or underwear only, depending on game :mrgreen:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

I've always enjoyed getting creative whenever possible, so if it ain't too much trouble I'd be most appreciative if at least one game allowed the player to start completely from scratch. :)
Inktrap
Young scout

Post by Inktrap »

More clothes customization, but naked characters in the CGs, ofc!