theme songs

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

what do you think of the theme songs for my games?

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

theme songs

Post by jack1974 »

I realized I never actually asked what people think about the theme songs for the games.
I got some feedback, but for example during last year I released 5 games, all of them with a theme song, but didn't get much feedback (which usually is not a positive thing).

So I'm wondering, do you like the theme songs? or not? or you don't care?

Doing a theme song is quite expensive/time consuming, I could make 3-4 normal tracks with the same money/time (or obviously also do more art/writing for the games).
OhHaiMe
Young scout

Re: theme songs

Post by OhHaiMe »

I can't actually think of a notable or memorable theme song from any VN I've read other then To The Moon . It's very possible I enjoyed them in the moment but if it doesn't create a memorable moment it's probably not worth the expense.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heh well maybe it was because that game was so good that the song remained stuck...Anyway, is good for me to listen to opinions, thanks :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I don't much care for the theme songs in WW games. I'm not really a fan of ballads in the first place, and I find the ones in WW games pretty cheesy even for ballads.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Also probably makes more sense for dating sims only than RPG or other kind of games :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

As I've mentioned before, I loved the theme for SOTW.

Really, I have yet to hear a theme in a game I've played in WW that I didn't dig. Well, w/ the exception of CD--but that's only since I'm a red-blooded dude, and not really one for songs that sound like they're made directly for dating sims. :P Other than that, I've thoroughly enjoyed all of 'em that I've heard! :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I feel like most of the theme songs in WW are out of place. Games that do this well have a main theme, but then elements and hints of this music are present in some of the other songs on the soundtrack (a leifmotif). The WW ones sound rather disjointed to me, a totally different genre playing a theme that's not touched on in the rest of the game outside of the credits and the main menu. It's almost like they're made by an entirely different music composer.

If the main theme fit in with the rest of the soundtrack better, maybe it'd be more interesting.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In some cases are indeed made by a different music composer. However in some cases I think what you say happened:
- Always Remember Me: it even has an instrumental version of the track in the game
- Roommates: all done by same artist, and the rock sounds of the title is present in almost all the tracks in the game

also I think when Undead Lily will be out, you'll be pleasantly surprised :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Ah, I haven't played either of those. I'm more familiar with the RPG theme songs.
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

The only theme song that sticks in my head is the the one for Roommates. I know some of the others were good, but that is the only one I still hear in my head to this day.