where do you buy/play my games?

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just curious, while I have of course some stats, I can't know the whole picture. So I'm interested to know where do you buy/play my games?
The first option of course means you buy/play from my site and then redeem the free Steam key, not that you buy the game twice :mrgreen:
OneTrueBaldo
Young scout

Re: where do you buy/play my games?

Post by OneTrueBaldo »

jack1974 wrote:Not that you buy the game twice :mrgreen:
Got Loren from Mangagamer *AND* Humble Bundle, maybe you need to add "Bundles" to this survey :wink: ...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No, since the only bundle I could do in future is with Humble, and the chances of more of my games appearing there are VERY small, it's not likely to happen again. Doing many bundles like I did in 2014-2015 was a big mistake, something I won't repeat :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:...the chances of more of my games appearing there are VERY small, it's not likely to happen again. Doing many bundles like I did in 2014-2015 was a big mistake, something I won't repeat :)
If I'm intruding/bringing up bad memories/anything else painful stop me, but: why would ya say that?

I ask since I found out about Humble a little while back and it's been my go-to site for games I couldn't have mobile/didn't want to wait for mobile since they do charity work. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No I'm not talking badly about Humble, I like them (I know some of them personally as well). But bundling in general, it's not good, especially with some lesser/unknown sites. I believe can lead to decreased sales later and in the end not be a good thing in the long run for smaller indies like me. Just that :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

But single games?

Will we ever see those on Humble?

(Not meant to press the issue; simply asking for clarification purposes, since they've done singular games as well.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In their store yes, I have Roommates, Loren and SOTW right now. However adding them takes a bit of time so not sure about future games.
angelgidget
Young scout

Post by angelgidget »

None of the options really fit me because of the "only" word at the end. I've bought games directly from the site, off steam, and from the iOS app store. I may buy a game off of steam because Steam notifies me of sales. If it's a game I've been looking forward to, I'll buy it directly from the winterwolves site so I don't have to wait for it to go on another platform. If it's a favorite, or I'm having a busy month and anticipate not being at my computer much, I'll buy from the app store so I can play on my tablet. I've bought Loren as both desktop and iOS app.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I see, well maybe the platform where you usually buy them? :)
rvgt32
Young scout

Post by rvgt32 »

I bought Loren on Steam and Planet Stronghold on Android.