kind of setting/event/situation for fantasy games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: kind of setting/event/situation for fantasy games

Post by jack1974 »

Yes well maybe a good part of western charm is "the unknown" or open wastes. Not sure, I'm not an expert of that setting. However, I know Miakoda wanted to make a western game though it's more steampunk if I remember correctly.
Who knows, maybe after PS2... :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Yes well maybe a good part of western charm is "the unknown" or open wastes. Not sure, I'm not an expert of that setting. However, I know Miakoda wanted to make a western game though it's more steampunk if I remember correctly.
Who knows, maybe after PS2... :)
An Old West game with more steampunk/horror elements than straight steampunk. I mean, it could be interesting investigating a town which was abandoned...only to find out the townsfolk was rounded up by cowboy vampires in a 'cattle drive'...

Other possible interactions/stories could also be done. I mean, imagine some lady stumbling into a sherrif's office, and looks like she is badly scarred/sutured...and then you recognize a tattoo on arm which doesn't match, from someone you know passed away. And the lady says she came from a house out in the middle of nowhere (Yes, I'm thinking of both Frankenstein..and Tesla, who did live out west for a time).

Anyways, it is just a thought. I'm going to finish Love Bites, Planet Stronghold 2, and maybe one or two other games first.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Miakoda wrote: Anyways, it is just a thought. I'm going to finish Love Bites, Planet Stronghold 2, and maybe one or two other games first.
You're aiming at the "Wolf Badge Of Honor" I see! 8) :mrgreen:
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Franka wrote:Everybody favors hand crossbows because reasons! Uhm, like ease of use and all the underground critters are poisonous, so you'd best not let them get close enough to bite you. The military carries great big harpoon guns as well to handle bigger threats.
If you are basing this on mid 1800s to early 1900s, guns have advanced enough to surpass crossbows in most respects, including ease of use and range. The only reason why you may opt for a crossbow is they are less noisy, don't produce smoke, or gunpowder is simply not available for some reason.
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Maybe an Ancient Egyptian mecha game, in which Ancient Egypt possessed powerful mecha/battlesuit armor powered by both magic and technology and the main hero/heroine is picked from the various gods and goddesses (or their descendants) and must fight against Apophis, the ancient serpent god of chaos and darkness, who is trying to destroy all life and light, and plunged all existence into chaos.

Or a samurai game where you can play a human, neko, or kitsune ronin (male or female) who seeks to avenge his/her fallen master by killing the lord that destroyed said master. You would face other ronin, enemy samurai, ninja, bandits, oni, and ghosts, many of which that would come from Japanese folklore.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Jaeger wrote:
Franka wrote:Everybody favors hand crossbows because reasons! Uhm, like ease of use and all the underground critters are poisonous, so you'd best not let them get close enough to bite you. The military carries great big harpoon guns as well to handle bigger threats.
If you are basing this on mid 1800s to early 1900s, guns have advanced enough to surpass crossbows in most respects, including ease of use and range. The only reason why you may opt for a crossbow is they are less noisy, don't produce smoke, or gunpowder is simply not available for some reason.
No gunpowder because fantasy (the idea was not based on 19th+ century, only the themes).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Palmettogamer14 wrote:Maybe an Ancient Egyptian mecha game, in which Ancient Egypt possessed powerful mecha/battlesuit armor powered by both magic and technology and the main hero/heroine is picked from the various gods and goddesses (or their descendants) and must fight against Apophis, the ancient serpent god of chaos and darkness, who is trying to destroy all life and light, and plunged all existence into chaos.

Or a samurai game where you can play a human, neko, or kitsune ronin (male or female) who seeks to avenge his/her fallen master by killing the lord that destroyed said master. You would face other ronin, enemy samurai, ninja, bandits, oni, and ghosts, many of which that would come from Japanese folklore.
Those are both interesting ideas. Personally I always liked the oriental mythology, both japanese and chinese :)