I need help with the Wiki

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
DarkWolf
Woods ranger

Re: I need help with the Wiki

Post by DarkWolf » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:22 pm

jack1974 wrote:Just created you as well! :)
Make sure to not do double work, like both edit same page or write about the same topic, but I guess Bob will do SOTW mostly (which is needed indeed).
Took me some time to find a password since for some reason mail ended up in spam. Anyway now I can log in and edit wiki and I have figured out the format it works on, true for some reason when I input == == command after I entered a code for display of picture on left the line always goes from picture instead of beneath it while -- -- command works nicely, so I had done it by using both command, so I was wondering if there is some quick solution to that or if I should continue to do it like this http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Queen_Of_Thieves ?

Also this looks like a good time to ask what I never did, is it ok with you to put info about your games on sites like VNDB?

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:59 am

Don't worry about the layout, I can always edit/tweak it later. To be honest I don't know much about it myself either :mrgreen:
You can put the game info on VNDB sure!

myoksy
Woods ranger

Post by myoksy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:39 pm

iirc one can force mediawiki to insert a paragraph with an added absolute line break ("<br clear=all>" or "<div style="clear: both"></div>"), this should suppress the text flow around image thumbs, including sub headings.