I need help with the Wiki

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
DarkWolf
Druid

Re: I need help with the Wiki

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:Just created you as well! :)
Make sure to not do double work, like both edit same page or write about the same topic, but I guess Bob will do SOTW mostly (which is needed indeed).
Took me some time to find a password since for some reason mail ended up in spam. Anyway now I can log in and edit wiki and I have figured out the format it works on, true for some reason when I input == == command after I entered a code for display of picture on left the line always goes from picture instead of beneath it while -- -- command works nicely, so I had done it by using both command, so I was wondering if there is some quick solution to that or if I should continue to do it like this http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Queen_Of_Thieves ?

Also this looks like a good time to ask what I never did, is it ok with you to put info about your games on sites like VNDB?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Don't worry about the layout, I can always edit/tweak it later. To be honest I don't know much about it myself either :mrgreen:
You can put the game info on VNDB sure!
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

iirc one can force mediawiki to insert a paragraph with an added absolute line break ("<br clear=all>" or "<div style="clear: both"></div>"), this should suppress the text flow around image thumbs, including sub headings.
Elysian
Young scout

Post by Elysian »

I realise it's been almost a year since this thread was last posted in, but the Wiki still looks rather patchy, so I'd be happy to make some additions if you'd like to set me up with an account.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes sure, you can PM me in forums the username/pass you want and I can add you :)
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

I'm interested in helping with the wiki, also. Since I just finished Amber's Magic Shop, that might be a good place for me to start. However, I'm not sure the backend is working properly, as clicking on the login link gets a 404 error.

I'll PM you with a username/PW so you can add me if it's working...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I removed that from the original site, so it's no longer a wiki, sorry. In the end mantaining it was taking away too much of my little time, so I gave up (like many things in the recent times!). It's basically a HTML export of the original wiki now.
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

Ah. The broken links make more sense then. No worries.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heh unfortunately need to carefully pick where I spend my time :) I think it also will probably make more sense to have a codex in-game, so maybe I'll do one in future games.
lumacakes
Young scout

Post by lumacakes »

Hi there, I'd like to add some information to the wiki. Can I add some info about Heirs and Graces, Planet Stronghold, etc... or just the games that currently are on there?