Patreon

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: Patreon

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:Yes of course I am planning it carefully, since the last thing I want is to mislead the potential donors (there's a reason if I haven't done any Kickstarter so far!).
I think will go with something like:
$5+ per month - see new artwork or music as I create the games (new background, sprites, etc) plus some "insider info". This basically for people who just mainly want to support me.
$10+ per month - like above but with uncensored artwork
$15+ per month - like above but with a monthly hentai wallpaper or something similar
Would this be mixing two separate audiences? How many people are like DarkWolf where they want the updates but not the erotica, and how many people would come for the erotica and skip the spoilers?

Maybe you could consider a spin-off label for the hentai games/artwork (if any) so that way the people that want to see it can easily find it and the people that don't can easily stay away. As an example, Hanako Games has a Hanabira label for publishing external games, you could have some kind of wolf-related alternate label to separate your work. But I guess it would depend on the overall composition of your audience.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I'd happily support you, my memory isn't the best but I believe a few of us old time fans suggested for you to look at crowd funding sources awhile ago silly!. Though I suppose things weren't as rough on indies back then.
jack1974 wrote:(many artists don't do hentai images).
Also wanted to give my two cents on this, there are actually many reliable artists who don't have a problem with erotic content, that take hentai commission work on a regular basis, you just need to know where to look for them.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

pahldus wrote:Also, one of the Patreons that I supported when I had the money, had a problem in that once you pledged you got access to everything at that level, even though they had not actually given any money as the pledges only go through once a month. Always make sure not to give access or material to anyone until the pledges have cleared. Otherwise people will pledge, get the access and then unpledge right before the pledge would clear. Sorry but people are jerks if they think they can get away with it.
Thanks, I am not sure how that works, need to look at it. I think though that if you do monthly updates, people would keep pledging? I think what you describe is normal, and probably some people will do it, but people who really wants to support won't. Or I can use instead of a monthly subscription just pay for each item (wallpaper or else). Probably the best would be a mix of the two but not sure if it's possible.
DarkWolf wrote:I never understood why you never used any of crowdfunding websites for your usual games as it seems like a very good thing for indie companies.

As for erotica I would never support such thing and can only say that I am sad that you decided to go down that way.
Crowdfunding campaigns like Kickstarter takes a lot of effort to get it right. People see some successful ones and think it's enough to put up a page to get lot of money. Nope. I would need to do actual work and so delay the games.
Besides (at least for now) I don't need money to make my games. I wanted to do this thing to finally make people who asked for more sexy stuff happy.
In summary I am not thinking about changing anything - I will still do my usual games. But offer people who want something else a way to do it, paying me for my time (since it's an extra thing normally I wouldn't do, even if I don't have any problem with such contents).
Troyen wrote:Maybe you could consider a spin-off label for the hentai games/artwork (if any) so that way the people that want to see it can easily find it and the people that don't can easily stay away. As an example, Hanako Games has a Hanabira label for publishing external games, you could have some kind of wolf-related alternate label to separate your work. But I guess it would depend on the overall composition of your audience.
That's a good point :) For me is really hard to know! I surely get a lot of people asking me to do more hot stuff, but I also get others saying to keep what I am doing. Basically I only want to make both groups happy without making one of them unhappy. Maybe doing two separate things could be the best.
Sylrissa wrote:I'd happily support you, my memory isn't the best but I believe a few of us old time fans suggested for you to look at crowd funding sources awhile ago silly!. Though I suppose things weren't as rough on indies back then.
Yes but Kickstarter mainly? At least that's what I remember. Patreon seems very different to me :)
Sylrissa wrote:Also wanted to give my two cents on this, there are actually many reliable artists who don't have a problem with erotic content, that take hentai commission work on a regular basis, you just need to know where to look for them.
Oh yes, I know about that. For wallpapers or other single images would be fine. I meant that for existing games in progress, I couldn't do it for all - if I decide to offer an "alternate hentai version".
For example: I couldn't do that for Never Forget Me since that artist doesn't draw such things, while I could easily do it for Undead Lily. Actually there are already some full-nude images that I asked the artist to do just in case, but turned out too hot and I wouldn't be able to include in the "regular version" :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I am thinking to go with Troyen's suggestion: have a Patreon page for my regular/standard games, without any NSFW stuff (maybe sexy stuff, but what you usually find already in my games). Then I'll have a separate one for more hot stuff. It doesn't make sense to mix the two I think.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I made the page: https://www.patreon.com/winterwolves
As always any kind of feedback is welcome. I put some stuff already (like some Nicole yuri exclusives), though of course it's something I'll keep updating on a regular basis rather than dump everything in a single day :lol:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

To be the first of many supporters I hope!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks! My pets salutes you :lol:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Just a reminder wait till after Patreon releases payment to you before you give out the CD keys or codes, most Patreon people wait 2 days after payment clears (to go over the list manually before awarding this type of stuff,because as it has been mention people will pledge for 29 days then drop the payment just for the free images and yes there are people that do this for every month sad but true).

And yes spinnoff label for the more sexy stuff seems the way to go. ^_^
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I actually put in the description that you need to have pledged for 2 months to get the keys for games, since some people even ask for refunds 30 days later :shock: So 2 months is the safest period (you cannot request a refund to get a free key after that time).
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Smart man....I missed that some how XD. Now asking for a refund now that is a new low....