Discussion about future games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
BobTheMob
Druid

Re: Discussion about future games

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:I once had an idea about a game that started during a speed dating event, though it was more a horror/thriller than dating sim :lol:
HAHHAHAHA, WHAAAAAAT?! :lol:

I read that, and I gotta know what ya mean, Jack! :mrgreen:

And as for the comedy thing, we're loooooooong overdue for a new pure comedy-type game; I adored Roommates b/c of that an have been DYIN for more!!! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Basically the idea was that one of the guys doing the speed dating event was a killer :lol: But I didn't get past the "brainstorming phase".
I really want to make another comedy game but gotta finish at least 2-3 more games of the ones I started! Plus, writing a good comedy game is not easy as it seems I think.
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

This may be only a minor issue, but something that keeps bothering me quite a while now.
(And I hope this is the right place to address it.)

Aside from Kira from "Queen of Thieves" and Ace from "Undead Lily"... where are the dark haired player characters?
I know it may be only personal taste, but would it be too much to ask to include some more black haired MCs?
Actually I thought I didn't care that much about such things. Then again - it's a fact which can't be overlooked that Winterwolves mainly features blond and brown haired MCs (with some exceptions to be fair.)
So, I don't want to be impolite or rude. It's just something I noticed and maybe... no one else did up until today. xD So I couldn't keep my mouth shut and finally wanted to bring this one up. ^^
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

How dare you make such impolite requests!! :lol:
Yes you're right, I will definitely need more black haired main characters. In case of elves, of course it's not possible (all elves must have at least brown hair!) but for human or other races will remember this :)
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

[quote="SimonStardust"

Aside from Kira from "Queen of Thieves" and Ace from "Undead Lily"... where are the dark haired player characters?
[/quote]

Oooh, you're forgetting perhaps the most important ones, from one of WW's greatest games : Loren.
Both Loren herself and her awesome mother Karen are dark-haired beauties :)

And there's the vampires in both Amber and Loren (mmh, the Lord vampire of Castle N'mar and one of Amber's main romances) There's quite a few great characters, as for playable main characters there's Alex from Planet Stronghold Colonial Defense, not to mention Max from Room Mates's hair's ..blackish? (The female PC Anne?, has a lighter shade of brown). Main character in C14's a brunette (though not really dark) => Not underrepresented in my book :D ( Need more awesome redheads too Jack!, now that the topic is open)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well Love Bites male/female main characters are both redheads, so... :)
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

If we are talking about small issue, I have one , now that undead lily is only one game should it really be still call "undead lily", before when only undead lily was playable (and Ace was in the sequel) it was okay but now....it's just strange to call the game by the name of one of the playable character when both are equal, if I didn't know anything about the game , I would ask myself if the Ace version is just a side story, so I think the name may be confusing.

Also whydid you delete the topic about the new game? too much complain about starting a new game?

I'll just say here that I love the look of that new main male character :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes it's weird to have that game name just be one of the playable characters. Of course because in the beginning I still had only her as MC (or because I was planning to split it into two games).
Anyway, I will think about this with writer. Changing a game name won't be a problem :)

About the new game, I realized was too early to talk about it, can mislead people into thinking that I'm one of those noobs starting 15000 games and finishing none. Since I'm still finishing games started back in 2011 (this year Queen Of Thieves for example) I decided to do like with several other games I have in progress but I never talked in public :mrgreen:
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

@jack1974: That's really nice to hear and thank you. :)
As for elves - I don't know what you've planned for them genetics-wise, but a half-elf could theoretically have black hair. Or not? I think that would be super cool. :lol:
But only a suggestion. I always love to see people building their own worlds with their own rules. ^^

@Alex81:
Ah, I was talking about the characters which you control as the player.
And dark hair = black hair. I should've made that a bit clearer.
Of course - as I said already - it all is personal taste and maybe even personal perception. To me, dark-brown hair doesn't equal black at all. Even if its blackish brown. With black I really mean, well... black. Jet-black. xD

And hair colours for main characters up until now are as follows (I'm leaving out "Cursed Lands" of course, because individual character creation - yay! xD):

blond - Vera Blanc, Heileen, the elven character from "Spirited Heart", Tom Sparks, Joshua Nelson, Saren, Nicole, Diana Nelson, Joanne, Ann (don't know if she's keeping the hair colour), Amber, Sybil
12 in total

brown - Steve, Tanya, Luke, Lisa Nelson, Elenor, Anne, Max, Alex Nelson, Melissa, Thalia, Arthur (same as with Ann)
11 in total

red - Dana (yes, to me the colour must be put into the reddish category), Natalie (some may disagree, since her hair has a purplish hue), the human character from "Spirited Heart", Amy, Marcel, Brandon, Kaitlyn
5-7 in total, whatever one's definition of "red" is

black - Tina (oh, I forgot someone xD), Kira, Ace
3 in total

blue - Althea, Shea
2 in total

white - Lily
1 in total

purple - the demon character from "Spirited Heart"
1 in total

Well, to be completely fair, we need a scifi-game about a green-haired alien duo. xDDD
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

SimonStardust wrote:
blue - Althea, Shea
2 in total
I find it a bit strange that you categorize dark brown in brown but count slightly bluish white as blue. So I think we don't really have any protagonist with blue or green hair, in fact when it comes to green hair I don't think we even have a single character, not even a side one.

Also while green hair associates you to aliens what I think about is more of druids or nymphs.