Writers/Artists/Musicians for your games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Avarenda
Young scout

Writers/Artists/Musicians for your games

Post by Avarenda »

Jack,

Just curious, but how is it you ago about choosing your writers, artists, and musicians? Do you go to a website where you hire them? Find out about them by word of mouth?

What is the method to the madness?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Writers/Artists/Musicians for your games

Post by jack1974 »

For artists I look on deviantart.com, for the rest sometimes I "post an ad" on twitter, or very often they send me email offering their services. Of course, only a few are reliable enough and manage to finish something :)
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

....Bet there must be days you wished -all- your associate artists worked directly under you ,and had to meet up at the Winterwolves Headquarters every morning for 18 hour work sessions before being let home. :D Like those huge game studios
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, so I could use my spiked whip in real life :mrgreen: should be very effective!
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Goodness! I'm not sure what'd kill me first. The whip or the commute.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Commute? no need, you'll get a free accommodation in one of my dungeon cells! Since you're a coder, will give you one with a view on the mountains nearby to relax :lol:
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

I wouldn't mind full time work but on the other hand I wouldn't want to live in Italy. No offence to Jack but the political system isn't too great. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Italy is good just to come on holiday. Nothing else, sadly. Worst place in the world to run a business. I've been thinking to move a lot of times :)
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

I would like to help you as a writer but I live in South Carolina so I wouldn't be able to commute. Still that's what email and Skype is for I guess. :)
aeroprism
Young scout

Post by aeroprism »

I find it quite easy to work with Jack. He leaves a lot of artistic latitude to his collaborators and his only constant word of advice is: "In the end, players will be the judge of our work"

But as he said, there are 50 unfinished projects for each complete game. Over the years, I provided music for many, many game projects and not one of them reached playable status.