Future content in my games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Future content in my games

Post by jack1974 »

So, I'm not going to turn into a hentai game author overnight :mrgreen:
That said, I've seen that recently Steam started to accept stuff... with quite some explicit content, like Huniepop. I mean, Loren uncensored compared to that is nothing!! :lol:
I've emailed my contact again since this is VERY DIFFERENT from what they told me.

Anyway, for future games, I'm going to make some more "tame", like Flower Shop/Nicole/etc. And some a bit more sexy, like Loren/SOTW/etc. I am not going to restrain myself anymore from showing nudity - IF MAKES SENSE IN THE STORY/SITUATION - and at same time always provide some censored version, so those who don't like it, can play safely.

I am quite open minded (as you probably have realized already) and I think the best solution is not to censor, but to allow players to choose what they want to see :)

(YAY! I can use the sexy pin-up versions of Loren characters I made! FULL NIPPLES AHEAD! ROFL :mrgreen: )
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: Future content in my games

Post by Troyen »

According to the developer website, it looks like the Steam version is censored, sort of like Loren was. Not sure they changed their policy?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well it seems so, check this tweet:
https://twitter.com/HuniePop/status/557692823450177536

and Loren didn't really have "explicit content", more "artistic nudity" I think. But anyway, I saw some screenshot of Huniepop what I won't link here, but they're way more hot than anything is in Loren :mrgreen:
canyonaz
Young scout

Post by canyonaz »

It may depend on who you talk to at Valve, but it does seem like the policy is changing. Sunrider and Everlasting Summer did the same thing that HuniePop did - having a small patch change the game from censored to uncensored. And Valve allows official guides to be written about it. Even Vanguard Princess did a "more adult" version as a DLC, but that wasn't on the same level as Loren. I look forward to more scenes like Chambara's in Loren. Putting in requests now for Althea, Melissa Flores, and all the women in Summer In Trigue. :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha well, as said I don't want to turn into a hentai developer :lol:
But if fits the story, sure. I also think that is more normal that SOME characters are sexy while others not. A bit like in Roommates, with Isabella who liked to show off, while the other ladies not.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Hunie Pop is censored on Steam, but uncensoring is as easy as making a 0 byte file in the game directory. So it has both an age gate and some censorship in the official Steam release.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Whats is Hunie Pop?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:Hunie Pop is censored on Steam, but uncensoring is as easy as making a 0 byte file in the game directory. So it has both an age gate and some censorship in the official Steam release.
Ah I see. Well, I can do the same then :) at least it's consistent with what my Valve rep told me (was strange that they allowed some other dev and not me).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

lol my tweet is at the center of this article :lol:
http://kotaku.com/the-sex-games-that-st ... 1680718912
I am honestly fine to have the game censored and then explain how to get the uncensored version by removing a file or pressing a secret keys combo in the community pages. If that's the only issue is a very minor one.
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

So now you're an eroge creator. Let me talk to you about a few game ideas I have for that niche...