Wikia considerations...

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Wikia considerations...

Post by jack1974 »

Good, hopefully this will solve the spam problem :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Minor question, but are nymphs and sylphs the same race in Loren? If you go Draco's route in Horus, going to the elf lands, Loren spends a night of pleasure with nymphs. If you undergo Rei's personal quest, you encounter sylphs. Both use the same picture.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm should ask Aleema but I think was more because didn't had time to do a different image :oops:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Hmm should ask Aleema but I think was more because didn't had time to do a different image :oops:
I certainly can understand reusing an image :)

I made a separate entry for that just in case.

If possible, can this entry be deleted?

http://aravorn.com/index.php?title=Desert_Town

I didn't mean to name it that. I made a new entry called Dark Elves Village (to match the one on the map), and just copied/pasted it. I couldn't figure out how to change the name of the entry itself.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Deleted it :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Thanks for the deletion.

I'm hoping to get a few things added to the wiki today. At the moment, I have Thieves and Warriors under the Art of War (since the way both are treated, each is viewed through the lens of battle). Magic classes will be in the magic category. However, things can certainly be split up into different sections.

I've also added some material to the NPCs in Loren. Some of it is spoilerish, but hope that is alright. I figured if you allowed Grob's demise to be mentioned, then other details aren't any more spoilerific.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I don't know if there's a plugin to allow spoilers in wikimedia, going to check! (something similar to what we have here in forums, so by default the spoiler content is hidden and people have to click to see it).
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Yes, I don't know if there's a plugin to allow spoilers in wikimedia, going to check! (something similar to what we have here in forums, so by default the spoiler content is hidden and people have to click to see it).
If there is one, it would be a good idea.

Obviously, there are ways around spoilers. For example, something I intend to update on the Triberg entry is the name of the ruling family. The name itself isn't a spoiler, but how one finds it (say romancing a certain someone in Spirited Heart) would be.

Anyways, sorry to take you away from what you are working on :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No problems, I like the wiki, is useful even to me when planning the next games so is not wasted time :)
I found a spoiler extension, works the same as the one in forums, you use the tag <spoiler>spoiler_text</spoiler>
I tested it on Ryzom entry and seems to work fine !
edit: aww no, it breaks the internal links :( well at this point not sure if is really useful. If you use it only for blocks of text without link, is OK, otherwise... :oops:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Yeah, that is a bit problematic. Definitely covers material, but it makes a mess with all the brackets (internal links).

However, I can go back and use the spoiler tag if you wish, and remove the internal links.