Estimate release dates of next games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
Astrala
Young scout

Re: Estimate release dates of next games

Post by Astrala »

Oh, cool. I actually have no idea how programming works or how long it takes to do anything :oops: . I just couldn't think of another way to allude to the sub-categories, but I guess you could use those for the romances then? :?: Also, in unimportant news, I found cakes. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Glad you found cakes :lol:
Yes it's hard to be so specific, so I won't. Sometimes, even us coder have no clue how long something takes. Maybe we think "coding this stuff will be a nightmare" and then hop, done in 2 days. But more often it's the opposite "This will be a piece of cake" (sorry ahah) and instead takes a week :)
With art/writing/music it's somehow more easy to make some sort of predictions.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

The coding is a bit tougher to explain, partly because it's custom to each game, and partly because you aren't always able to fully estimate what all is needed up front.

But still, could imagine something like:
RPG framework complete.
GUI complete.
5 of 5000 generic guard battles scripted.
0 of 1 Animas fed.

Or at any rate, separate the framework time from the scripting time (not just ren'py scripting, but I'm sure designing the rooms is different than building the house upgrade system).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Saying "RPG framework complete"... it's always complete since I reuse it with several tweaks every game, unless when it's something completely new from scratch (like with PSCD), then needs to be tested.
Anyway the point is: I'm not going to spend more time with this thing than it needed to be. Otherwise I should add to the to-do list "updating the progress list" since would take too much time :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I updated it, but I didn't bother to write everything down. Already as it is, I spent 15 minutes that could have been used to add Amber's Pin up images :lol:
Anyway in future I'm never going to talk about the games until are almost done, so this thread is going to disappear hopefully once Loren 2 is out :mrgreen:
No pressure for a happier life! :lol:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Guess that's incentive for you to finish PS2 faster. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, I actually think I'm going to have to slow down on the RPGs in the coming years. Too hard to do one every year. Doing one every 2-3 years it's more... "human" :lol: The other games (VN/dating sims) are simpler so no problem about those.
Anyway I'll see what happens. Right now I'm quite burned out but things hopefully should get better in next months :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just updated:
- removed Amber from the list since it's in beta :)
- got some Roger Steel lineart CG colored and they are awesome. Probably the best CGs of all my games so far!
- some writing for Loren 2's camp talk. The scenes with Selith and Breeza are great :)
- more scenes for Summer In Trigue
- asked Anima to "fix" the card framework and old Loren RPG framework with two new features that could improve them greatly, and I could use them for Undead Lily or even future games. I'll write a blog post with more details later this month!
there has been a lot more stuff going on, but for unannounced projects. People lurking Patreon know what I'm talking about... :mrgreen:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: - some writing for Loren 2's camp talk. The scenes with Selith and Breeza are great :)
Brings up something I've been meaning to say: Breeza was a total bitch in the original; why would anyone want to romance or even be around her?

Unless she's wised up by that point about how everyone's equal? (If that's a spoiler I apologize.)
jack1974 wrote:there has been a lot more stuff going on, but for unannounced projects. People lurking Patreon know what I'm talking about... :mrgreen:
PLEASE at least tell us this: Does this have anything to do w/ the Dingirra game?
SOTW has easily been my favorite RPG of yours so far; DYIN to know more about that game!!!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well Breza is still "a bitch" under some aspects. But it's fun to interact with her. It's a bit like Loren the ice queen, but different. I think is an interesting romance to play from what I've read so far :)

Yes the Dingirra game is one of those, but I don't think I'll finish that one this year (all the CGs are still missing...).