Estimate release dates of next games

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Estimate release dates of next games

Post by jack1974 »

Haha sadly that list needs to be revised :oops:
I think this year will finish Love Bites and probably that secret yuri only game (which I'll announce in next blog post) since the story is basically done. Then next could be Cursed Lands (probably beta only towards end of year).

For PS2, Miakoda wants to start working on it once she finishes Love Bites (after a break obviously, she's not a writing machine, despite what it seems lol). But even if the story is at good point by end of year, I really really would like to use the new RPG framework for that game, since coding it in the existing one would be possible, but honestly a bit of a waste since the new one could have so many new features. But obviously in this case doesn't depend on me, but on Anima :)
For Undead Lily instead things should be easier - just a "heavy modification" of the card system so cards can use "skills". It should be interesting. I know Anima is already working on that one instead and should take her less time (obviously) than finishing the new RPG framework :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Yeah, I figured PS2 wasn't happening this year. I just finished Sunrider (a turn-based space battle game using renpy) and am in need of more sci-fi.

Is Loren 2 going to use the new RPG framework? I.e. do you think PS2 will come before or after Loren? And are you doing both Lorens consecutively or with a break in-between (roughly a year or two at the usual speed, I imagine)?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Loren 2 should use the new framework, but of course I wouldn't delay it for it, in worst case I could still be using the current one, also considering the vast majority of players would be more interested in the story :)
I honestly have no clue if I'll release first PS2 or Loren2. As usual all depends on the writers. PS2 writing has yet to start (obviously), Loren 2 is basically slowly going since 4+ years, but if even this year is not done I'll ask anothe writer to finish it.
One thing is sure, you'll never see such big games from me again in future :lol: it's too much of a pain to do them!
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

I miss Miakoda's writing. Think I gotta replay PSCD.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Once the manga version is out you can do it :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

By the way I decided to NOT announce the yuri only game on next blog post. This doesn't mean is delayed or anything, actually it's going well, but... you know, announcing games in the past very early didn't really work out well, didn't it? :lol: :lol:
I am not the superstitious type, however... let's say it's better to not tempt Fate this time. Besides I made a blog post at beginning of the year saying that I wouldn't talk in public about a game unless it's a few months from being finished! So.... that's it. In future I really want that when I announce a game, the game will be out soon, but not "soon (tm)" :mrgreen: In 3-4 months max!
But things regarding it are going well so no worries :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ROFL I just checked carefully all the various games in progress and the situation is slightly insane to say the least:
I'm actively working on 2 games currently: Love Bites and Cursed Lands
Then there are 14 (YES FOURTEEN) games in the works, of which 5 are unannounced (haven't talked about them in public).
I really need to start trimming down this list because it's becoming a bit too much even for me :lol: As always the main problem was the writing in most cases.
In past year managed to release 5, but most of the new games are RPGs so it's not possible (I wasn't even expecting to make one this year, and yet here I am). Anyways, I decided to never start anything new until I finish many of those so that I'm left with maybe 3-4 games. Luckily recently I found more reliable writers like Forsaken, Miakoda, Fen (who is working hard on both Roger Steel, Undead Lily and an unannounced game). Still, writing a good story takes time, especially since my games are all 100k words long (more like 150k words long lol).
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:42 am By the way I decided to NOT announce the yuri only game on next blog post. This doesn't mean is delayed or anything, actually it's going well, but... you know, announcing games in the past very early didn't really work out well, didn't it? :lol: :lol:
I am not the superstitious type, however... let's say it's better to not tempt Fate this time. Besides I made a blog post at beginning of the year saying that I wouldn't talk in public about a game unless it's a few months from being finished! So.... that's it. In future I really want that when I announce a game, the game will be out soon, but not "soon (tm)" :mrgreen: In 3-4 months max!
But things regarding it are going well so no worries :)
:twisted: Jack teasing skill level up! :twisted:
Serially I was looking forward for that blog post :( .
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The announcement it's only delayed, no worries, I'll do it soon anyway. I really want that people when read about a new game and are starting to be excited for it, know that it will be out approximately in the next 3-4 months, and not 3-4 years... lol!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

UPDATE! Haha was since end of May that I didn't update this thread.
As you know right now I'm mainly working on Cursed Lands, however at one point I'll catch up with the writing, and then I'll have to resume working on Love Bites or Volleyball Heaven. Speaking of this last one I added the entry in the first post, even if as you can see it's very advanced already. In practice the biggest thing left is the soundtrack and the scripting (the game is not "HUGE" but it's still around 150,000 words, and fencayne did a great job in writing it in about 4-5 months :lol:).
So the current plan towards end of year is:
1) finish as much as possible of Cursed Lands and have a demo out either in August or (more likely) September
2) then take a break from it while writer finishes the remaining scenes and hopefully work on Love Bites (since that one is being scripted already by another person, my job is much easier). But of course would depend on how things go, by end of year I think Volleyball Heaven missing stuff should be done as well. So in practice one of the two should be finished (hopefully!) before the end of year, with the other one following shortly.
3) then at beginning of next year I should be able to resume and finish Cursed Lands.

Obviously, the plan above will be completely messed up if CL writers surprisingly manages to finish everything left before end of year :mrgreen: (would be a good thing though, of course!).