The promo sales thread

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
jack1974
Pack leader

The promo sales thread

Post by jack1974 »

I thought to make a thread about promo sales so I can update it whenever I run one. I spam those sales everywhere, twitter, facebook, etc but sometimes people miss them, so I am posting them even in the forums! :mrgreen:
An important thing to always remember: the discount doesn't work if there's already an automatic discount in place. For example if you buy the Heileen bundle, you'll get 15% off the total price of the games, but if you try to apply the coupon it won't work (because of the existing automatic discount). You have to buy each item one at time :( I'm sorry but that's a limitation of the vendor I'm using.

So let's start:

From 26th March 2013 to 3rd April 2013 use the coupon EASTER to get 40% off any game, except preorders (basically doesn't work for Bionic Heart 2)
josipa24
Young scout

Re: The promo sales thread

Post by josipa24 »

Oooh, awesome :mrgreen:

Thanks Jack!
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

i dont know if its a exploit or not, but is possible to use the code to buy the deluxe edition of planet stronghold
you need to put another game in the cart and use the code, after that you can remove the game and the deluxe edition will still cost 2,99
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No it should indeed work, since was only an update and not a new game, though I don't understand why you need to put another game... it should works directly even only with it, strange :shock:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

the code area dont appear for the upgrade alone
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes sorry, I think because the price is too low, so in practice everything would be eaten by the processing cost. OK so just the strategy guide won't be available then, sorry :oops: I thought you meant the new full deluxe version and not just the expansion.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:Ah yes sorry, I think because the price is too low, so in practice everything would be eaten by the processing cost. OK so just the strategy guide won't be available then, sorry :oops: I thought you meant the new full deluxe version and not just the expansion.
but its possible to get the discount to the expansion, you just need to add another game, use the code and remove the game. The expansion price will be 2,99
thats why i wanted to know if its a exploit or not
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes now won't work anymore, because at $2.99 the processing costs would eat all the revenues so doesn't make much sense :lol:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Today I bought 5 games (Bionic Heart, The Flower Shop: Summer In Fairbrook, Heileen: Sail Away, Heileen 2: the Hands of Fate and Heileen 3: Sea Maidens) and the Planet Stronghold's expansion. Those games arent really my type (except by the PS expansion), but i wanted to support a amazing game developper, I hope it helps.
Dont know which game i should star, someone have any recommendation?

the music from Heileen 3 is really good, I'm Thankful that it came with the special edition. Someone know whre i can find the lyrics?

nad to finish im looking foward to your future games, specially : Planet Stronghold: Warzone, Loren 2, Roommates, Roger Steel and the Human Element and the Aces version of Undead Lilly (if it is a full game, not a expansion ofc)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the support ! :)
About which one to start, if you like more mature setting, you could start with Bionic Heart, and Heileen 2 is less light comedy than the other two episodes (but probably makes sense to start with the first).
The lyrics of New Horizons are:
[verse 1]

We set sail left the old world behind
In the sunset who knows what we'll find
Our route ahead is foretold in the cards
Over the sea under the stars

[chorus]

We're so far from the shore
Still we want so much more
Like a wave breaking through
On the vast ocean blue

The fates so unsure