Issues with Site

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum
mfraze02
Young scout

Issues with Site

Post by mfraze02 »

Wondering if anyone else is having issues with the winter wolves site.

I cant get any links to load unless I remove the "www." however when I do the pages dont load properly and are very hard to read.

I'm using firefox and if anyone can help would be great, I just bought/finished planet stronghold and I'm looking to test out another game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Issues with Site

Post by jack1974 »

Ok so maybe it's not your case but I have to ask: did you install any ... suspicious software? :wink:
I ask because I know FOR CERTAIN that some pirates that cracked my games made some "howler" software which in practice screws your internet settings, and it turned out that 100% of the problems some people had were due to the fact that they used/installed that. Is enough even installing it once just to try it for curiosity!
Personally I don't care: everyone does what they want with their computers, but installing 3rd party software from those sites is VERY dangerous. For example, they could replace the paypal.com URL to redirect to a fake one and... voilà, all your money is gone :lol:
Anyway, if that's the case unfortunately I am not sure how to fix it... maybe some antivirus or other tool ? I know it messes up with the httpd.conf configuration of Windows that is under system32 directory, but apart that I have no clue how to revert back to the normal behavior. Maybe check in google if there's any tips?
mfraze02
Young scout

Post by mfraze02 »

before I was able to afford games I probably would have looked for something like that but in this case no, I havent, though I did originally get the demo for planet stronghold from a link I saw on a games forum I frequent, it was in a torrent so I will check it out and see if that install has the "howler" you are talking about.
mfraze02
Young scout

Post by mfraze02 »

Yep,

it appears the demo came complete with that "winter wolf howler" I reported it on the other forums as virus, and I am now attempting to fix my browser.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Good luck with it! direct links from demos should work, so you can also try looking in the forums for Loren since you seems to like RPGs :)