favorite art style

Anything not related to one of my specific games, like general polls or promo/sale announcements. For general talk about games, go to the Golden Lion subforum

which art style do you prefer?

You may select up to 3 options

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: favorite art style

Post by jack1974 »

What, that piece of clothing is ESSENTIAL. It makes Joshua seems more John Rambo! :lol:
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

The categories are too broad for me to decide on one. Really, it all comes to the work of the artist involved and how it would fit into the context of the game.

Some that particularly stand out to me include:

Katamari Damacy
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Mark of Kri
Earthworm Jim
Disciples II: Dark Prophecy

I guess I lean towards stylized art more than realism. Variety is helpful in expanding the audience. Abstract art is hard to understand/relate to (although I'll admit some are aesthetically pleasing), thus rarely has a place in games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Got in touch with a new colorist who is coloring the Seasons Of The Wolf images (and probably will use him for other RPGs). He can also do a more painterly style:
I was thinking if to use this style for the game CGs... it would be different from the game main coloring style, but would look cool, a bit like The Witcher or other RPGs. Of course would be much more expensive so I'm still thinking about it :mrgreen:
(note that I'm talking only about the COLORING style, not the style of the lineart or anatomy or anything).
Ageha1304
Young scout

Post by Ageha1304 »

Wow, amazing coloring! The artist of this must be very talented, I would love to see his/her color art for games! :D
Every rule has an exception. Even this one.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Wow that looks incredible, the new colorist is very talented indeed, might be more expensive, but if you can I'd hold on to this one!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Is the same guy that colored the Seasons Of The Wolf characters, but he showed me this other image as different style, so I started thinking how to use it, for sure not for the sprites since would look out of place, but for the CGs maybe yes.
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

I like it.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:Is the same guy that colored the Seasons Of The Wolf characters, but he showed me this other image as different style, so I started thinking how to use it, for sure not for the sprites since would look out of place, but for the CGs maybe yes.
I like the idea for using it for the CG's, should try it.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Now this is nice! Looks like a lot of effort, but it's just ... WOW!
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

I agree a CG like that wonder look amazing!